• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Rossis Rock!!!!

zamboniman

Okay Peeps,
I have demoing like crazy lately, first I am 5'10 190 lbs, strong intermediate, can ski all blue runs, most blacks with no problems, steeper blacks and double blacks I resort to self defense. So here is a list of what I have demo'd and my findings:

1: Elan Ripstick- very, very stiff and heavy, easy to make long radius turns, carved through shit like a mack truck, short turns were alot of work, this ski is for experts only, hard to control, alot of work. Great grab on ice.

2: Elan Magfire 10- not as stiff as the Ripstick, but still a stiff, heavy ski, really just a downsizing of the ripstick, could possibly grow into this ski, but a little heavy for my liking. Also great on ice.

3: Rossi Z9- an amazing ski, a little stiff, but not as much as Elans both of the above, loves to turn, manageble, short turns required a bit of work, plows through the shit, rolls onto edge easily, and than boom! right into a turn, great on ice, just seemed grab like it wanted to take a bite out of it. Great Cruiser!

4: Rossi Z5- by far my fav man, the little more flex in this ski is what I was looking for. It is lighter than anything Ive tried which for me,is what I want, bad left knee, felt like I could ride this baby all day long, with the stiffer skis, to much work, there is a tone of room to grow with the Z5, it breeds confidence with a capital "C" man, probably doesnt grab the ice as good as Z9, but the diff, is very minimal, skied some double blacks easier than I ever have.

In closing I am going to buy these babies, its just a matter of time, waiting for the right deal, I live in Canada, I can buy demos for $650 with demo binding or brand new with axium binding for $780, not sure if price will be cheaper in summer/fall as I hear Rossi isnt changing this for next year.

Hope this helps somebody

Zamboniman

NYDrew

yeah man, you can find new Z9's for less then that. I love my Z9's, awesome ski although I think you missed a bit of it. Short turns are a snap on the Z9. They also tear through bumps pretty well. Speed on the other hand is a bit iffy, while it can pull great times in something like a nastar course, they tend to get a bit chatty when they come up to real race speed.

Its the ultimate all around ski with emphasis on short turns and bumps (versus the 5 star which is the ultimate all around with emphasis on medium and long turns)

Paul

Thanks, Zman. I'm at about the same level as you, only 3"shorter, and 25lbs lighter.

I'll look into those Rossis. I also want to compare them to the Volkl AC3 and AC4s, the Atomic Metron B:9s and the Head Monsters.