• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Armour

MR. evil

I actually find that I will bail much later on sketchy section on platforms becuase I know I can bail quicker and have more options for bailing. A couple of times last night I would have gotten really messed up had I been clipped in. Being on flats I was able to bail from some awkward positions and pretty much land on my feet and unscathed. My bike wasn't so lucky, HUGE dent in the seat tube.

wa-loaf

I actually find that I will bail much later on sketchy section on platforms becuase I know I can bail quicker and have more options for bailing. A couple of times last night I would have gotten really messed up had I been clipped in. Being on flats I was able to bail from some awkward positions and pretty much land on my feet and unscathed. My bike wasn't so lucky, HUGE dent in the seat tube.

What do you consider good shoes for platforms?

dmc

I have a pair of older fox knee/shin combo guards. They have certainly worked on saving my shins a number of bad bone bruises over the years.

I use them too... especially when using platforms on dh...