• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nass 4/29

rueler

Rode a loop out of Stone on Thursday evening that covered a bunch of the middle ground of the network and a good dose of the westside and eastside of Stone.

The super windy conditions over the past couple of days was somewhat of a double edged sword. The wind did a GREAT job of drying out the trails throughout the loop we rode (trails are super dry considering the rain we got early in the week)...but, it also contributed to a BUNCH of blowdowns. Some sizeable limbs and tons of branches were down. We picked up most of them, but if you are going out to Nass anytime soon, be mindful that there could be some blowdowns lurking around the corner. One big one caught me by surprise on the lower Northside Woods.

The loop we rode was: Wasteland climb - Kitchen - blue trail/Fat Kid Climb - blue trail - Hessian - lower Widowmaker/jailhouse trail - BMX stunt trail - Termite - lollipop - Upper Dentist - Northside Woods - Jeep trail climb - Hobo - Bail trail

o3jeff

I rode out of scoville last night and was surprised that the lot was empty(2 cars) at 5:30. The trail there also had the branches and twigs all over. Appears someone rode most of the trails before me crushing most of them!.