• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Loon Ride 5/3/10

Johnskiismore

Website
www.skine.net
After a little warm up ride the other day on some trails along the Pemi, I figured I was ready for a real ride. Oh boy.... Started at the Governor's Lodge at Loon and followed the maintenance road across lower Coolidge, Lower Picked, through the park and down to the base of Brookside. Up Brookside with dillusions of biking/walking to the top. About a quarter of the way up my out of shape bike legs along with the humidity ended that dream. Kept pedaling to the base of North Peak Chair. From there to the snowshoe trail to hook up with the XC trails. That got a bit rough with blown down branches and a lot of mud.... that and a lot of bear droppings! Hooked up on the Black Mountain trail and rode out to its extent on Route 112. After a little break followed the trail back except took the spur to the base of the Landing Development. From there to the base of Loon, with my legs not too too impressed. I think it was about 6 miles, well earned and fun, looking forward to more