• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Frodo and Stinkyfeet complete the Winter 48 in record time

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
Frodo and Stinkyfeet early this morning finished up Waumbek (doing Carrigain, Owl's Head, and Waumbek in an effective day), thereby completing the entire winter 48 in 10 days, 22 hours, and 37 minutes (thanks to Cruddy Toes for that statistic), an incredible accomplishment.

Mohamed has been keeping an index page of all the VFTT postings here. At this moment it doesn't have the finale but it will soon.

Huge congratulations to Frodo and Stinkyfeet! Wow. Amazing.

Greg

Staff member
Wow. That is amazing. Thanks for the update, Michael and congrats Frodo and Stinkyfeet!

[Crossing fingers in hopes of some pics...]

Stephen

Website
www.dunhom.com
OMG. As I say on my website, the winter 48 folks are nuts... now we know who the penultimate nuts are! :lol:

WTG guys, I am jealous of your abilities and bravado!

-T

SilentCal

WOW! What an amazing feat. I raise my trekking poles and tip my hat to you guys. A truly amazing accomplishment!

Greg

Staff member
Frodo and Stinkyfeet made the Boston Globe:

www.boston.com said:
GRAND SCALE: Another kooky but increasingly popular outdoor activity is winter "peak-bagging" -- climbing all the mountains in a particular state. Last Tuesday morning at 5:30, Sue Johnston of Waterford, Vt., and Robert "Frodo" Williams of Wilmington, Mass., both 38, achieved what they think is a record. The pair climbed all 48 4,000-foot mountains in the state of New Hampshire in 10 days, 22 hours, and 37 minutes. "It went better than we thought it would," said Johnston. "We had originally planned on 12 days."
Source

I had a phone conversation with B.J. last week and mentioned this accomplishment. Neat! 8) Congrats again, guys!

Greg

Staff member
Well, they did mention Sue by name. Dunno, maybe "Stinkyfeet" is too offensive? :roll: ;)