• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

So...what's next, and when?

Greg

Staff member
Looks like the Northeast is getting some long-overdue cold weather that should last for the next few weeks. This should provide a good opportunity for virtually all resorts to resurface and open new terrain. Looks like we may also get some significant snow next week. With all that said, what are everyone's plans for their next outing, and when?

Joshua B

Yes, this is really great for the ski areas. They had a couple rough weeks.

For me it will be the weekend. I'll probably stay somewhat local. At this time of year, weekend business starts to boom at the resorts, so I'll probably go to the less crowded areas like Berkshire East, maybe Crotched if they can open more terrain.

skiguide

Website
www.pmgearusa.com
I'll be at Stratton this weekend, but I haven't heard anything good about the conditions yet, so I really hope they get something in the next few days...

but, at the very least, watching the PATRIOTS kick butt saturday night in the bar will be fun!!

jimme

I'm almost afraid to say. So far when I've mentally picked a day, the weather has gone bad.

That said, I hope to get to Jiminy this Friday night. By then all trails will be resurfaced! Never thought I'd be looking forward to man made snow in January.

Jimme

L

Lisamarie

I was just out walking my greyhound. When I got out the door, I realized I had forgotten to put on her winter coat, but she refused to go back inside. All of a sudden, out of nowhere, a massive amount of snow starts falling! Lets hope it makes it to the mountains! We will be at Tremblant for MLK weekend, the out to Snowbird/Alta, where I hope they don't use up all that good snow!

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
There was about a 5-minute complete whiteout in the Burlington/Lexington area. It was impressive, though horribly timed (I was trying to leave work).

We'd better get some serious snow - I'll be at Killington the last weekend of February and want to be good enough by then to be on my own on the greens...

Joshua B

Yes! I drove through it on Rt 2 crossing 128 at about 6:30 or so. That was pretty awesome and pretty dangerous.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
all depends where the snow flies and who has the most terrain open. i don't like to try new areas until they are 100% open so i can judge them properly, so i'm still putting off my annual exploration of new areas to me. probably hit up one of my favs this saturday... cannon, burke, or magic depending who gets hit.

teachski

Website
teachski.com
Pretty exciting week/weekend of skiing ahead. hahaha!!!!!

Tomorrow: Wachusett with a school group
Friday Night: Pine Ridge to teach
Saturday: Pine Ridge to teach
Sunday: Family commitment, no skiing.

Ah, it's good to be back into the swing of things! :-?

R

redheadskier

Waiting for the good stuff to fly

Though Bretton Woods has a good deal going this weekend, will probably wait til the end of the month and hope for more natural snow to hit Wildcat.

Tough heading north with 2 dogs when it is this cold - too cold for them in the car during the day The older guy is used to the routine but I need to break in the puppy to ski weekends. That, coupled with the expense of motel/lodging that accept dogs - need to pick the "perfect" conditions to make it work
:roll:

Joshua B

Joshua B said:
Yes, this is really great for the ski areas. They had a couple rough weeks.

For me it will be the weekend. I'll probably stay somewhat local. At this time of year, weekend business starts to boom at the resorts, so I'll probably go to the less crowded areas like Berkshire East, maybe Crotched if they can open more terrain.

Actually, the way I feel right now, I will not go skiing this weekend. I am a warm weather skier. 8)

Greg

Staff member
Joshua B said:
I will not go skiing this weekend. I am a warm weather skier. 8)
Come on....that's what the goggles, face mask, and all the other tech gear you've probably spent a boatload of money on is for!

J

jlangdale

I don't know about you, but I'm loving the forecast. I can deal with the cold.

goodweather.jpg

L

Lisamarie

Re: Waiting for the good stuff to fly

redheadskier said:
Though Bretton Woods has a good deal going this weekend, will probably wait til the end of the month and hope for more natural snow to hit Wildcat.

Tough heading north with 2 dogs when it is this cold - too cold for them in the car during the day The older guy is used to the routine but I need to break in the puppy to ski weekends. That, coupled with the expense of motel/lodging that accept dogs - need to pick the "perfect" conditions to make it work
:roll:

Welcome redheadskier! As a greyhound Mommie who sometimes travels with her doggie, we shoukd should talk "pet friendly lodigng." :p

Greg

Staff member
Gonna brave the cold and probably hit Butternut in the AM on Saturday...