• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Private Messages

bvibert

Staff member
Just a quick note to make everyone is aware of the private messages on this forum and how they work.

For those that don't know they are a way for other members to send private messages to one another. They're kind of like email messages, but are handled through the forum software and don't require you to share your email address with anyone else if you don't want to.

You can access your PM messages a number of ways, the easiest is to look up at the upper right hand side of the page where you'll see "Private Messages: Unread 1, Total 310." If it says you have any Unread messages you should click on the Private Messages link to go to the private messaging system so that you can read your message.

If you find it too hard to remember to look at the upper right hand corner you can set two different options that will give you more notification. Both of these options can be set in your CP under Edit Options. Under "Private Messaging" there are check-boxes you can select to either be notified of new PMs by email, or by having a window pop-up. You can select both of these options if you want too. There is also an option to turn off private messaging if, for some reason, you don't want to recieve any PMs.

Warp Daddy

I seem to have a problem being notified on my IPAD , i actually have to go to the profile page first then check to see if there are any messages in the in box. Is there any easier way for an IPAD like a pop up or an indicator on the basic forum page ?? its probably me but i am LOST

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I seem to have a problem being notified on my IPAD , i actually have to go to the profile page first then check to see if there are any messages in the in box. Is there any easier way for an IPAD like a pop up or an indicator on the basic forum page ?? its probably me but i am LOST

Once we get the official iphone app up and running you will be in better shape. Stef is working on it. Been trickier than anticipated :/

bvibert

Staff member
It's like the people with 18,000 facebook friends. Status symbol.......

Ah, I see. I'm getting there, 1237 PMs thanks to my extended size moderator PM inbox! :lol:

To answer your question Scotty, we have to limit your inbox so that we have enough room to grow mine! :beer:

ScottySkis

Private message is full again why serious can't we have a thousand. I have 10000 email in my Yahoo account. Does it cost more money?