• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Personal Skiing Sites

Greg

Staff member
I know many of you have personal skiing sites. I've always enjoyed riverc0il's ski site and I just poked around Joshua B's, which is cool too. If anyone else has a personal skiing site, post a link here!

teachski

Website
teachski.com
I have a site too!

http://teachski.com

I have old trail maps, ski postcards, some smaller books and booklets, a few original articles, some original pictures, a pin collection, a sticker collection and other things. I do have more to post there if I just get some time!

Greg

Staff member
riverc0il said:
that reminds me, i need to get some updates on there...... :dunce:
Yes sir, you do. I always enjoy your stories/pics!

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
thanks greg! this topic got me motivated to make updates to the site. i foud out that nearly 50% of my links were out of date! due mostly to ski areas web sites switching their directory patterns and not leaving re-directs. also got my first four trip reports up there too.

got some good feedback from some other folks and eventually plan on doing a re-design. the page is largely unchanged from it's beginnings 5 years ago! web authoring takes forever though, and i only use a WYSIWYG editor. i can't imagine coding this stuff by hand! much respect to your site greg! i can't imagine the time it's maintainence takes, but i know it's a self rewarding task (usually!).

Greg

Staff member
Joshua B said:
Steve, your Dec. 8 Canon pics are awesome!
Agreed. Some major drool there...

Greg

Staff member
riverc0il said:
i can't imagine coding this stuff by hand! much respect to your site greg! i can't imagine the time it's maintainence takes, but i know it's a self rewarding task (usually!).
Thanks for the kind words, Steve. I do very little editing by hand. Maybe just some tweaks to design elements for the PHP files. Much of the site is done in (gasp) FrontPage. It truly is a self-rewarding task. I've gotten a lot of satisfaction out of developing and being a part this great community!