• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

leather work gloves/skiing

bvibert

Staff member
I quickly glanced at the instructions when I bought the stuff. So you heat up the gloves before applying or you heat up before applying and during application? I am guess the heat is to open up the pores and increase penetration.

I do both, before and during. I don't know that I'm necessarily doing it right, but that's what I used to do with leather hiking boots. It's also the process that I used with some leather work gloves that I used last season (for work, not skiing) and it seemed to work well.

bvibert

Staff member
I got my Kinco's yesterday. I ordered them from the Amazon link above and they got here in a couple days. They look nice and durable, though they're a little more bulky than I was envisioning in my head. They should be plenty warm though. Now I just need to go pick up some more Sno-Seal since I used the last of mine on my work gloves last season.

I've used these for a few work days now, and one ski day (a CT powder day). They've worked well, but are a bit on the bulky side. They took a day or so to break in.

They were plenty warm enough this morning when it was around -1F and my hands stayed dry and comfortable for a few hours of powder skiing on Wednesday.

jaja111

I've been rocking the Kinco's since finding this thread and having ordered them off Amazon. No complaints here once they broke in a bit. They've been sno-sealed a second time after getting back from a day of very wet / heavy snow in Washington. They only failed at the end of the day and I'd have to say stayed dry longer than most gloves I've had before. I'm a believer now.

SKIQUATTRO

are the regular kinco gloves more flexible than the 'ski' glove? i have the ski glove and its pretty hard to flex

bvibert

Staff member
are the regular kinco gloves more flexible than the 'ski' glove? i have the ski glove and its pretty hard to flex

I have the ski glove too. It's not the most flexible glove out there, but it's getting better with usage. My hands cramped up a bit the first day using them... :eek:

bvibert

Staff member
I just remembered that I lost one of my Kinco Ski gloves towards the end of last season. Gonna have to order another pair!

adamh

Yes. I have a pair of both and I found the ski glove too stiff. I use the regular ones in New England and I love them.

bvibert

Staff member
I just remembered that I lost one of my Kinco Ski gloves towards the end of last season. Gonna have to order another pair!

Just ordered a replacement pair, should be here in the next week or so. I think that was the only ski related item that I need before the season starts..

SKIQUATTRO

i did treat them with snoseal....i'm finding my kinco ski glove stiff and cold....maybe the regualr insulated glove would be better