• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

bike commute 5.19-20.10

gorgonzola

decided to give the bike commute a go for Bike to Work Week. picked a route with the help of google maps and set off. I usually need my car during the day so I left it at work and rode home last night, back in this morning - 20 miles each way in an hour and a half averaging 14 mph. pretty nice ride with alot of scenery typical of the agro/industrial history of the lehigh valley pa

covered bridge
bike052010001.jpg

some nice barns
bike052010005.jpg

about a third or so was on the nor-bath and ironton rail trails
bike052010006.jpg

cement then
bike052010013.jpg

and now
bike052010011.jpg

russian churches with blue mt on the horizon
bike052010012.jpg

fun ride - have to make it a semi habit

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Nice work dude. I try to ride in twice a week and I do about a 20 mile route as well. It can be a pain to get clean clothes and food in the days before and get the dirty ones home, but once you're in the routine it's not bad.

bvibert

Staff member
Very nice! It's a goal of mine to be able to bike commute to work at some point. I need to be in better shape first, and then a bike that's actually suitable for road use.