• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tomorrow is finally moving day

Geoff

I'll have all my furniture in my cottage tomorrow. It's still not quite done but I have floors, trim, and all my appliances except the washer/dryer in the house. I can at least get things into the house where they are supposed to go.

The refrigerator and my liquor cabinet above.
Fridge1.jpg

The gas range
Range1.jpg

The design problem I had to deal with. A u-shaped kitchen is supposed to be 4 feet wide. I only had 3 1/2 even cheating the dishwasher 4" into the wall.
RangeDishwasher.jpg

Cold beer!
Fridge2.jpg

WakeboardMom

Congrats! Looks fabulous! Hope you have many, many happy days there!
(And many happy hours! ; - )

Geoff

Congrats man. Looks awesome. Would that be some Double Bag on the left in the fridge?

It would indeed. I relocated my beer supply a couple of weekends ago. It included most of a case of Double Bag.

I can't load up the fridge yet. The electricians haven't installed the outlet for it so it's plugged into the GFCI outlet on the kitchen counter. I'm moving all the furniture into the house today. I'm leaving the cats at Killingoton for the moment so they don't freak out with all the action. I'll be down for good sometime next week.

Glenn

Nice Geoff! Seems things came together pretty quickly! :beer:

wa-loaf

Great weather for a move! When's the house warming party?

Geoff

Can the liquor cabinet accomodate 1.75L bottles? Looks a little small ;)

The opening is a little small. The cabinet box was completely reconstructed specifically to fit 1.75L bottles. You have to tilt the bottles to get them in and out of the cabinet but there is an inch of clearance inside.

Geoff

I took a few photos this morning. I'm at least part way moved in. The carpet shampoo guy is showing up thursday so I haven't set up the bedrooms yet and the bureaus are in the garage. The cabinet and drawer pulls for the kitchen also show up on Thursday. I'm not sure when the window treatments are showing up. My study needs to have a couple of doors hung. The painters need to come back in for a half day the next time it rains. A bunch of other little stuff.

Fireplace1.jpg

Fireplace2.jpg

Kitchen1.jpg

Kitchen2.jpg

Kitchen3.jpg

Livingroom1.jpg

Livingroom2.jpg

I just did my first load of laundry this morning.
WasherDryer.jpg

drjeff

Cottage looks great there Geoff!

Do I dare ask how the progress of the boat rennovation/work is going?? :eek: