• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bradbury 5/24

BackLoafRiver

Since my after school commitments have been dialed down thanks to our final concert last week, I have been able to get out for Monday rides at Bradbury. Man do I love that place.

Today, however, I turned onto a section of single track I had never been on. I thought I was heading for the lower part of Fox East...turns out it was that "O" trail which is the only section of "Advanced" trail on the map. Holy crap. I was in way over my head. It took me over an hour to do 2.5 miles.

Funniest part of the afternoon was bumping into two dudes who are stationed in Maine from the Navy. They are here to commission a new ship built in Bath. Anyway...one guy was on a Specialized Hardtail and the other, a Diamondback downhill bike...something geared for doing bigger stuff than you'll find at Bradbury. They were decent riders but getting their butts kicked by the terrain. I ended up talking to them for a bit (and then followed them out) when the guy on the Diamondback says, "Man...this stuff is tough. I wasn't expecting it to be this hard. We haven't been here before and someone told us to hit the 'O' trail". Good choice guys.

Ended up with 5 miles. Ripped through the last 2.5 hitting Lanzo and Fox West. Nice riding and it was so gorgeous out. I snapped a few pics.

DSCN3780.jpg

One hell of a climb. I got bucked right off:
DSCN3781.jpg

DSCN3782.jpg

I didn't come close to making it up this.
DSCN3783.jpg

BackLoafRiver

Yup...tons of real interesting stuff there. I have been following your mantra and it's amazing how much of an improvement I am seeing in my riding. I still suck, but at least I notice myself getting better.

Riverskier

The "O" trail is tough. I rode it once a couple seasons ago and that was enough. Maybe I will try it again someday, but not anytime soon!

BackLoafRiver

Yeah...I am going to try and chip away at it a little at a time each ride I am there. The problem is, once you are in, you are committed. There is no bailout until the end. I had every intent of hitting the bridge on Ragan you recommended but, time didn't allow it. Maybe later this week :cool: