• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Race Report: Winsted Woods 5/23/2010

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Sorry, no pics yet. There were a couple people on course snapping pics, but I don't know if I'll find them online or not.

Race went better than I expected. My legs were still a little beat; Saturday was supposed to be mostly a rest day with a recovery ride but I spent all day working in the yard and hence they did not rest much.

I pre rode the first .75 miles of the 4.5 mile course to get an idea of how the start would go. Turned out not to be a big deal since there were only 7 riders in the cat 3 19-29 group. I was glad I got a chance to ride the first climb though, it was a little tricky and greasy.

Overall, my legs felt terrible, but I pushed as hard as I could. There was a lot of climbing but the upshot was the last .75 miles or so was a beautiful, fun downhill. I went out conservatively this time at the start and rode in 6th place for a while, but eventually made my way up to 3rd which is where I finished (podium, w00t!).

I did the 9 miles in 1 hr 14 m 02 s, which was about 2 minutes out of 2nd place and 3 minutes out of first. Makes me wish I had shown up with better legs, I feel like I could've at least contested 2nd, if not 1st. I made up ground on a few people on the descents...

o3jeff

Didn't I read somewhere you're the points leader in you age/cat? I thought it was on the forum but can't find your post:confused: Well if you are congrats and keep up the good riding.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Didn't I read somewhere you're the points leader in you age/cat? I thought it was on the forum but can't find your post:confused: Well if you are congrats and keep up the good riding.

I put it on Facebook. It almost makes me want to keep making the Root 66 events, but I really want to do more road racing... c'est la vie. In road racing to upgrade from Cat 5 to 4 you need to start in 10 mass start races (i.e. not time trials) so I'm going to focus more on that in June.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Couple of pics from the race:

wwoods2.JPG

Note how I'm dropping that shiat. 'core, amirite?

wwoods1.JPG

Coming around to the finish on lap 2. Happy it's over, although I wouldn't have minded doing the last descent one more time. That was fun as all hell :)