• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Off Season Conditioning

ski stef

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks, Tooth!!! Sounds intense but I'm on such a roll/motivated/dedicated for the first time in a long time that I am going to try this. I don't need to lose 25 lbs but I could definitely lose another 10-15. Have you done this and it's worked for you?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ffaaac

Tooth

Thanks, Tooth!!! Sounds intense but I'm on such a roll/motivated/dedicated for the first time in a long time that I am going to try this. I don't need to lose 25 lbs but I could definitely lose another 10-15. Have you done this and it's worked for you?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ffaaac

I didnt need to lose 25lbs but I use it for 2 weeks every now and then if I am gaining a few unwanted pounds. It will strip 10lbs off you in the blink of an eye. I'd rather suck it up for 2 weeks then spread it out over 2-3 months. The key is that this will torch fat only. Once you get through this you will be hungry to do more. The fasting days will actually give you more energy and focus than you think. The whole blood sugar thing is total BS. I swear by this. I am a workout junkie. Its good to mix it up from time to time.

ski stef

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Officially down 20lbs as of today!!!!! woop woop. Turns out all I needed to do was change my eating habits....and on top of that with the amount of running/weights I do, it was pretty simple. Took me about 2 months, clearly my motivation and will power came in waves, but it was worth it!!

wa-loaf

Officially down 20lbs as of today!!!!! woop woop. Turns out all I needed to do was change my eating habits....and on top of that with the amount of running/weights I do, it was pretty simple. Took me about 2 months, clearly my motivation and will power came in waves, but it was worth it!!

Before and after pics are required! :cool:

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I'm considering kicking off p90x again. Some friends of mine who are doing crossfit visited yesterday and they totally got me motivated. I'm not horrible (192) but i'd like to get down to the upper 170's again if I can. 12 - 15 lb.

Talisman

I'm considering kicking off p90x again. Some friends of mine who are doing crossfit visited yesterday and they totally got me motivated. I'm not horrible (192) but i'd like to get down to the upper 170's again if I can. 12 - 15 lb.

How tall are you? At 5'2" 192 is mini-Clydesdale at 6'4" 192 could be slender.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Originally Posted by Nick<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
How tall are you? At 5'2" 192 is mini-Clydesdale at 6'4" 192 could be slender.

5-10. I'm not huge but I could stand to lose a bit :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

snowmonster

I've spent the summer concentrating on arms, chest, back and shoulders for surfing with some core and legs workout. Starting tomorrow, it's time to re-route the workout. More legs. I've adopted a pre-ski season workout used by USSA -- forward squats, lunges, step-ups and romanian dead lifts. Hope to stick to that in August-September then switch to the ski-season workout in October.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I started P90x yesterday. Did chest & back workout yesterday. Today was Plyometrics.

I've also cut out all caffeine except for 2 cups of coffee a day. We have free soda at my office so I got into a bad habit of drinking 3, 4 cans of diet coke a day. Water!

Also starting to count my calories again as I did before on Sparkpeople.com (they have a mobile app too). I'm trying to stay around 1500 calories per day to stimulate some weight loss. Some days I will be at 1300 and other days at 1800.

Just started on Monday morning and already feeling a lot better, although very sore, but the soreness is a testament to using muscles again in a way they haven't in a while. I am hoping to keep with it again and get back to the upper 170's.

Madroch

After a big setback with a back injury...am doing an insanity/lifting hybrid-- trying to cut some fat from the 13lbs I put on lifting heavy (for me... lol) and eating like a king in late spring...

That will be done late august...then I need a plan....

gostan

Last season, I used P90X beginning in August, 2011 to drop from 205 to 188. I am 5'9 in my 60's. The P90x really helped my weak and tight core, so, when ski season finally hit in Late November-early December, my ski buddies all commented that my skiing had improved dramatically. It definitely did, but it was only because my body parts were working better and my core was much looser and strengthened. Fast forward to August, 2012 and I am back up to 198 and back into P90X with a 30 minute spin bike warm up M-F. I feel so much better already. My hope is to get down to 180-185. I will be switching to P90x2 come November. Let's sweat in the heat and not in the heavy snow that we will be receiving this winter 2012-13 season!

Stan

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Stan, I'm right there with you. I am going to roll p90x for a round and then to avoid boredom switch to p90x2 afterwards.

Don't know what I will do after that though. Maybe INsanity? Maybe mix Insanity, P90x, and p90x plus running / cycling in a mish mash?

Day 3 today and I feel tremendous already. Sore as hell but in a good way. I actually had to skip today's workout, will double up tomorrow. My arms were so tired from chest &back on Monday there was no way I was getting through shoulders, biceps, triceps today. I could barely roll out of bed my legs, abs and arms are so sore haha.

wa-loaf

I actually had to skip today's workout, will double up tomorrow. My arms were so tired from chest &back on Monday there was no way I was getting through shoulders, biceps, triceps today. I could barely roll out of bed my legs, abs and arms are so sore haha.

Sounds like you are already slacking and falling behind ... :p