hiking in flip flops? - Page 7

AlpineZone

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Quote Originally Posted by Puck it View Post
    I have three pairs of Chameleons. They are the most comfortable pair of shoes I own. One pair is completely worn out and was replaced. They are over 10 years old. The third is for wet days and are gore-tex. These a re little less comfortable but still great.
    I had to retire a pair of the stretch cameleons finally after many years, extremely comfortable and no need to tie them! I still wear them painting around the house.
    2009/2010 - 28

2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

2008/09 - 33

My feet feel so vulnerable just a the thought of hiking in flip flops...even on an urban hike. I prefer my feet to be sufficiently covered where any serious walking and hiking is involved.

After working on the house all day today (see DIY thread) I sat down with a beer and a whiskey (see What Are You Drinking thread). My dog was staring at me because I had been neglecting her all day. So we walked out the door. I had on flip flops and Carharts with only an idea of walking around the neighborhood. We ended up doing 6 miles of trails in the WMNF. I don't really recommend flip flops, but it was no problem whatsoever.

Last fall at Monadnock we saw some girl hiking up barefoot, not sure if there's any advantage to that.
    2009/2010 - 28

2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

2008/09 - 33

We saw three people hiking barefoot on Mt Abraham in VT on Saturday. It's a very rocky trail and they were stepping very carefully. One of the guys was on his first hike of the season without shoes and was not looking too happy. Another guy said that he goes barefoot as long as there is no snow on the ground.
    Last edited by WWF-VT; Jun 23, 2014 at 7:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WWF-VT View Post
    We saw three people hiking barefoot on Mt Abraham in VT on Saturday. It's a very rocky trail and they were stepping very carefully. One of the guys was on his first hike of the season without shoes and was not looking too happy. Another guy said that he goes barefoot as long as there is no snow on the ground.
    ...dress rehearsal video bio for their chance to on Discovery channels "Naked And Afraid". lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 〽❄❅ View Post
    ...dress rehearsal video bio for their chance to on Discovery channels "Naked And Afraid". lol.

...all Silicon Valley multi-millionaires!
    Last edited by bigbog; Jun 25, 2014 at 9:14 AM.
    SteveD

uploadfromtaptalk1403614695473.jpg
    Guess he's no longer on the show, couldn't play nice with his gung ho special forces partner, what a shocker. He did wear socks in the snowy locals, wimp. His replacement, who lives full time in the Colorado wilderness, wears sandals IIRC. Wonder what he'll wear in the snow?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    Leave no turn unstoned!

/Shawangunk_Ridge NY 60 miles away from the Catskills
    You be insane to hike in flip flops at Mohonk Preserve.

Got to get high upb oh so high up and enjoy the mountains .

Thread Information