• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hallowell Reservior - 6/2

BackLoafRiver

Had an hour to ride so I grabbed the bike and went to Hallowell. It turned into a gorgeous day!!!! I accomplished a few little goals I had set for myself at the beginning of the season....

1) There is a rocky climb in the double track that I hadn't been able to do without stopping. Made it up every time I tried yesterday!

2) Made it around one of the gnarly turns I struggle with...the problem still remains that I don't do a good job of linking it into the next nasty turn.

As I was coming down the access road, some woman's dog (unleashed) ran away from her and decided to chase me for about half a mile. I wasn't sure whether or not to stop so I just kept going. It was a pit bull/ terrier mix and seemed pretty pissed. Every once in a while it tried to run in front of my wheel. Bad decision. Eventually he tired out and I left him behind.

I logged 5.6 miles in an hour. When going back and looking at the rides so far this year, It seems that, unless I am at Bradbury or Saxon Hill in VT, I am averaging under 6 miles every ride. Disappointing. I hope those numbers skyrocket once the school year winds down and I am not restricted to an hour here and there.