Looking for a utility vest

AlpineZone

Looking for a utility vest

I do a good amount of hiking and camping by myself and with my family. I'm looking for a good utility vest for myself. When we go out we've been trying to reduce our carry-in load, and bring less with us. I think that a good utitlity vest would also come in handy for fishing too. I found some on a website, but they were labeled as a photo vest, I'm assuming there is no difference. I've checked out a few differn't brands, but have seemed to find some models for around $15.00, I'm not quite sure if this is a decent price. I'm looking for some for my whole family so price is definatley an issue. Has anyone used the humvee brand safari vest , and if so , was it worth the buy?

Items for Sale
    Welcome to the boards. I had never considered using a vest like that before and it is a good idea. While this would make the pack lighter, you're still carrying the weight, so it seems academic from my POV. I don't use a vest like this.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

This will also act as a flotation device.

http://www.westernsafety.com/

I prefer a utility belt
    Whatever hits the fan will not be distributed evenly.

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by wa-loaf View Post
    I prefer a utility belt
    Good choice!
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by Rbixton86 View Post
    I do a good amount of hiking and camping by myself and with my family. I'm looking for a good utility vest for myself. When we go out we've been trying to reduce our carry-in load, and bring less with us. I think that a good utitlity vest would also come in handy for fishing too. I found some on a website, but they were labeled as a photo vest, I'm assuming there is no difference. I've checked out a few differn't brands, but have seemed to find some models for around $15.00, I'm not quite sure if this is a decent price. I'm looking for some for my whole family so price is definatley an issue. Has anyone used the humvee brand safari vest , and if so , was it worth the buy?
    Good price? Who knows. $15 seems pretty cheap to me. Have you thought about a fishing vest? Hunting vest? They come in kids sizes too. Cabellas has some pretty good merch.http://www.cabelas.com/
    How about a fanny pack. I'm not so sure I'd want to be wearing a vest on a very hot day though.
    Sent from my TACPOD (Tactical Airborne Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Pod) using Satellite TADIL J Alternate Gateway Controller (Alternate STGC) via Blackjack

Thread Information