• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Fruitta/Grand Junction

snoseek

Took a couple pics. Don'treally know where else to put them.

This place is a four hour drive for me. I will be spending a lot of time there this summer. It is about 80 east of Moab and completely empty on the midweek. Just perfect riding for all types. So much epic stuff!

IMG_3976.JPG

IMG_3978.JPG

IMG_3983.JPG

IMG_3929.JPG

IMG_3980.JPG

IMG_3982.JPG

I'll make a point to take some more interesting pics when I go back in two weeks. This is really nothing!

drjeff

And I'm guessing that the riding there is even sweeter than those pics make it look!

bvibert

Staff member
Looks pretty sweet! I'd really like to take a MTB trip out that way at some point!

BackLoafRiver

Looks pretty sweet! I'd really like to take a MTB trip out that way at some point!

Agreed. Great pics!!!! If you have a video camera, you should take some movies and post them up. That looks like some freaking great riding. Knowing I had something like that to ride on would make those 4 hours fly by.

snoseek

Agreed. Great pics!!!! If you have a video camera, you should take some movies and post them up. That looks like some freaking great riding. Knowing I had something like that to ride on would make those 4 hours fly by.

Hell I didn't even have the discinpline to stop and take pics! I pretty much just snapped a few random pics, if the terrain was really good I was riding. There is great riding around Denver but nothing like that really.

Also note worthy is the hiking/rock climbing/kayaking(Colorado River duh)/camping/drinking/Agricultural and winemaking winery scene. I'll add more and better pics as I get more

thetrailboss

Staff member
Grand Junction, Colorado? Did you visit the Poma factory while you were there to see what chairlifts were being built? ;)

BigJay

I've been out there twice in the past 4 years. Great trails. So many options.

And yeah, great DH-riding on a XC-FR bike... Nice shuttle options over in GJ...

For flowy-XC trails, look at the 18th road in Fruita or the Kokopelli trailhead. Koko is a bit more "rugged" but a killer area as well.

18th road is more like "alpine skiing"... so flowy around the ridges.

snoseek

I've been out there twice in the past 4 years. Great trails. So many options.

And yeah, great DH-riding on a XC-FR bike... Nice shuttle options over in GJ...

For flowy-XC trails, look at the 18th road in Fruita or the Kokopelli trailhead. Koko is a bit more "rugged" but a killer area as well.

18th road is more like "alpine skiing"... so flowy around the ridges.

Yeah most of those are from 18 road. I think that is my favorite so far. Heading that way now. I'll try and take some more.

snoseek

Tok some pics from 18 road area, wish I had taken some from lunch loop also. It was super hot-105 on Monday afternoon.

IMG_3989.JPG

IMG_3992.JPG

IMG_3987.JPG

As previous poster said it's just like skiing
IMG_3990.JPG

I was pretty close to heat exhaustion, breaks were mandatory

IMG_3993.JPG

IMG_3994.JPG

IMG_4001.JPG

Getting thirsty for a beer

IMG_3996.JPG

Crusing back down to the grasslands

IMG_4000.JPG

IMG_3999.JPG

back at the house

IMG_4013.JPG

Earning my couchspace.....

IMG_4011.JPG

IMG_4010.JPG

snoseek

Next stop will be Buffalo Creek (only 45 minutes). It is a that same kind of buff singletrack through burnt out forest. I'm actually looking forward to hitting Kingdom trails when I get back.

Lunch loop trailhead has some pretty killer stuff. I especially liked cruising along the Colorado River.

BigJay

Lunch loop trailhead has some pretty killer stuff. I especially liked cruising along the Colorado River.

That's Koko Trailhead along the Colorado River... and it is pretty cool out there! Lunch Loops are in Grand Junction... and not near the river... All a big rock formation near the Colorado Nationnal Monument.

snoseek

That's Koko Trailhead along the Colorado River... and it is pretty cool out there! Lunch Loops are in Grand Junction... and not near the river... All a big rock formation near the Colorado Nationnal Monument.

O.K. my friend was taking me on the accelerated tour of his hometown. I must have gotten them confused, weed could be the culprit lol. Either way it was all good

snoseek

BUMP

Cause I've got a wicked craving to do some desert riding. I need to set up close to this area next fall. Long ski season and endless bike season-sign me the fuck up!!!!!!!!!