• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Free donut with beverage purchase at DD's this AM!

drjeff

Saw on their FB page that today, June 4th, anyone that buys a beverage before 11:30AM gets a free donut at Dunkin Donuts!

WakeboardMom

even better then! I can get a post RAL/RAW re-carb fix when I get my LARGE iced tea this afternoon! :)

You don't strike me as a donut-eater...!!!

(LOL...that was intended as a compliment...although I won't deny it sounds bizarre! ; - )

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com

(LOL...that was intended as a compliment...although I won't deny it sounds bizarre! ; - )

Do you know that you're better off eating a donut than a muffin there? Much lower calories and fat.

My dad used to make the donuts. That was his 2nd job for decades til he was replaced with a machine. Made pretty good money doing it until then, though...

BackLoafRiver

Yeah, I was surprised today when I went to grab a the Iced Dunkin' Dark Roast (which is lovely btw...skim milk + sweet n' low) and they asked if I wanted a free donut. How am I supposed to say no to that?!?

WakeboardMom

Do you know that you're better off eating a donut than a muffin there? Much lower calories and fat.

My dad used to make the donuts. That was his 2nd job for decades til he was replaced with a machine. Made pretty good money doing it until then, though...

Interesting fact about the donut vs. muffing...thank you. Although I've had to give up both...the older I get, the harder it is to *ahem* metabolize those calories. ; - )

I worked in a donut shop for a couple of years as a kid. I never envied the guy who was going home as I was arriving at 5:30 a.m. But man...there is nothin' like a warm honey-dip donut!!

Black Phantom

Interesting fact about the donut vs. muffing...thank you. Although I've had to give up both...the older I get, the harder it is to *ahem* metabolize those calories. ; - )

I worked in a donut shop for a couple of years as a kid. I never envied the guy who was going home as I was arriving at 5:30 a.m. But man...there is nothin' like a warm honey-dip donut!!

donuts with filling are "better for you" and are easier to digest as well.

drjeff

I'm by no means a donut a day, or even a donut a week kind of guy, but every once in a while the call from something like a blueberry cake donut or a glazed stick is just far too loud for me to resist! :lol: :rolleyes:

Now today, knowing that I can get a freebie ahead of time, I figure that if I ride an extra couple of miles on my mountain bike this afternoon, to the point where my bike computer says that I burned off an extra 350/400 calories or so, that I can in a complete and total guilt free mind set enjoy a DD freebie along with my unsweetend iced tea with lemon! :)

Simpsons_Donuts-l.jpg

WakeboardMom

Free single-scoop ice cream cones at Friendly's tomorrow...noon 'til 5. ; - )

drjeff

Free single-scoop ice cream cones at Friendly's tomorrow...noon 'til 5. ; - )

Now that's a good one! :)

Yup, my 6 year old daughter heard/saw the commercial on TV this AM as I was watching the news - she heard them say "free scoop of ice cream at Friendly's on June 5th" A few seconds later, she asked me if today was June 4th, I told her "yes" and then immediately from her "Daddy, can we goto Friendly's tommorrow?" :lol: