• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pine Ridge 6/11

BackLoafRiver

Got out after too many days off the bike tonight for a sweet rip in Waterville. The combination of crappy work schedule mixed with rain lately has kept me off the bike :angry:

Geared up and on the trail by 5. I promised the lady I would keep it in an hour so I really had to get moving. All in all, it was a killer ride. I still haven't figured out a good flow to the trails, I mostly ride what I want, when I want to and I don't mind doubling back here and there.

Oh, and Jens, I rode those hills (on the new section of trail I hadn't done until our ride together) again tonight but this time in reverse. Man, what a difference that made!!!!! When you come up again, it is a must do.

I managed 6.45 miles with 1075' climbed. Not too bad for the hour I had. I was sucking wind pretty hard the first 20 minutes into the ride. It's like my body forgot how to bike. After a bit of sweating (and heavy breathing) I got into my rhythm.

Every time I ride there, it seems to get better and better. I am sure I am still missing a ton of stuff. The head of the local NEMBA chapter will be out tomorrow at 9. Pretty sure I won't make it but it would be cool to ride with him and see exactly where the other stuff is.

wa-loaf

Oh, and Jens, I rode those hills (on the new section of trail I hadn't done until our ride together) again tonight but this time in reverse. Man, what a difference that made!!!!! When you come up again, it is a must do.

I remember looking at that and thinking it would have ridden better the other way.

The head of the local NEMBA chapter will be out tomorrow at 9. Pretty sure I won't make it but it would be cool to ride with him and see exactly where the other stuff is.

Did you get a chance to talk to Jonathan? He did some of the work up there. You should try to hook up with him.