• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

World Cup

4aprice

Well I enjoyed watching the tournement. The US was fun and interesting to watch and most of the games after their elimination were entertaining as well. Was pleased at the reaction of US fans too. Of course we were subjected to the same tired voices of derision that we are every 4 years by commentators that think they know it all and what we should and shouldn't watch.

While not being an avid supporter I will watch the Red Bulls from time to time and The English Premier League game of the week when I can. Red Bulls play Tottenham Hot Spur later this month at Red Bull Arena and I may try to catch that game live.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

4aprice

is the hooligan thing over? I didn't hear about any of that stuff.

They were really worried about the crime factor in South Africa and I didn't hear anything about that. Maybe as time passes we will hear some stories but for the most part seems like everything went very smoothly. (even with the blown calls) Of course there was the tragedy in Uganda (I think it was Uganda) where world cup fans were attacked.

Reports I saw said this was the most watched World Cup ever worldwide. Look forward to Brazil in 2014.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ