• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Beer Wars

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
The doc, as I recall, stated that 3 tier was meant to prevent monopoly. And made a convincing argument about that case when it showed all the consolidation that happened (what, in the 70s or 80s?) to the point that there were only like a few dozen breweries in the states. So how did 3 tier prevent monopoly.

Okay, good argument. But given that consolidation, how then did it reverse itself in a 3 tier system? Why are the big boys so afraid of craft brews that they are creating their own in house labels? If it was that much of a monopoly, why are the big boys loosing ground?

Any ways, personally, I think allowing breweries to sell directly to both consumers and retailers would be a good thing. I just don't feel the doc made the case. I feel like it was too much on the attack and not factual enough and not giving an unbiased accounting of the system so much as a hard slant. My comments are more in regard to the doc than anything else. I can't think of a good reason why breweries should not be able to have their own delivery truck and make their own routes and sell their own product. But I can think from that perspective while also feeling the doc didn't make a good case and could have been a little less attack and a little more informative.