• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bradbury - 6/16

BackLoafRiver

Got out for my first official summer ride now that school is over.

Made it to the lot by 11. Decided to ride a similar loop to the one I usually ride, but in reverse.

Knights Woods -> Fox East -> (some trail I have no idea where I was) -> Batcave -> Ginn -> Regan -> Link

It's amazing what riding it backwards does to how you see the trail. One thing is for sure, this was more challenging. The ride was pretty much one big climb. There wasn't a ton of downhill but when it came, it was awesome!!! Riding Ginn from West to East as I usually do is tough as the first 2/3 is climbing. (including a gross switchback) Riding it as a downhill opened it right up.

Fox East was covered in mud. Nothing too bad except one section that was a mess.

Oh, and new foliage is popping up all over the place which also changes the look of things.

Easily the highlight was hitting that bridge on Regan!!!!!!!! It felt great. Now to see if I can do it the other way. Seems so stupid that I couldn't do it before.

Did just under 11 miles. I think it was more but my GPS was bunged up the last 20 minutes or so.

Heading back with a friend tomorrow. I will post some pics then.

Riverskier

Congrats on hitting the bridge! I rode around that thing for months, but as soon I rode it once, I realized it really isn't that scary and started hitting it every time! Boy I miss that place. Will surely make up for lost time come August or September when I get the green light from the Dr.!

HD333

It's amazing what riding it backwards does to how you see the trail. .

The ride I do locally is out and back. Definitly cool to see the trail from a different point of view from the opposite direction.

Good work on hitting the bridge, I find MTBing is a lot like skiing/boarding, either go for it all out, or don't, you can't be tentative.

BackLoafRiver

Congrats on hitting the bridge! I rode around that thing for months, but as soon I rode it once, I realized it really isn't that scary and started hitting it every time! Boy I miss that place. Will surely make up for lost time come August or September when I get the green light from the Dr.!

Thanks!! If you ever want a riding buddy, I am down. I plan on getting out there tomorrow and a bunch next week. Riding it the opposite way helped build my confidence. I think if I am geared properly, the normal route shouldn't be an issue.