Fathers Day Rip @ Nepaug State Forest - 2010-06-20

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fathers Day Rip @ Nepaug State Forest - 2010-06-20

Met up with Bvibert around 10am in the parking area for the Nepaug State Forest and we promptly geared up and put tires to dirt. We had both decided to ride somewhere different today and having only pedal these trails once before I seized at the opportunity to spice up my riding with some new scenery and some new challenges. There was plenty of both here for sure. The riding at Nepaug is, in a nut shell, very technical, physically demanding and requires ample strength, stamina, balance and most importantanly a set of balls. There's an abundance of short to medium length techincal climbs with roots and rocks galore and just as many hairball descents that you can't second guess. We only managed to ride a little over 7 miles today (felt more like 15+) but climbed an impressive 1900 feet.

Here's our track....

http://www.crankfire.com/gps/track/8..._day_loop_2010

Despite the technical nature of the trails at Nepaug there is also some really sweet sections of flowy single track that are just a pleasure to ride and really make the loop worthwhile despite all the climbing and oh, forgot to mention all the stunts! If that's you sort of thing then this is your place. Basically from what I saw out in the woods today, you can go as big as you want!

Here's some pictures....

Enjoy!
    "If you ride your bike everyday...... Your going to be a better rider!"

Very cool! B took me there once but we mostly stuck to the fire roads due to my lack of balls. Definitely a playground for those who have them! So did either of you fine gentlemen get some air like that last dude?
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
    The ladder section over the old bug is cool.

Did either of you guys ride the ladders over the bug? I need to get back to Nepaug soon.

Quote Originally Posted by marcski View Post
    The ladder section over the old bug is cool.
    +1 Thanks for the report and pics. Looks awesome! Glad you guys got to enjoy the day. Hopefully it was a beautiful down there as it was up here.

Great ride today Woodcore! Sorry we took a wrong turn and missed out on some riding, next time we'll get the hang of it. I'd really like to add a few more miles onto the loop.

There's definitely a lot of crazy stuff in there, and you didn't even get to see some of the craziest.

Quote Originally Posted by MR. evil View Post
    Did either of you guys ride the ladders over the bug? I need to get back to Nepaug soon.
    Not today. I've ridden it a few times in the past though. There was a couple sections that are getting a little sketchy, it needs some work. I rigged up a pseudo support under one section, but it wasn't enough to make me want to try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by BackLoafRiver View Post
    +1 Thanks for the report and pics. Looks awesome! Glad you guys got to enjoy the day. Hopefully it was a beautiful down there as it was up here.
    It was a nice day today, but it go REALLY humid. I don't think I've sweat that much on any other ride this year.
    Brian

I wish I could of made this, but had a brunch for fathers day at that time. Really want to get back there to try hitting some more of the jumps there. Did you guys hit the deli cutter jumps?
    2009/2010 - 28

2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

2008/09 - 33

Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    I wish I could of made this, but had a brunch for fathers day at that time. Really want to get back there to try hitting some more of the jumps there. Did you guys hit the deli cutter jumps?
    I rode right by the deli slicer jumps with authority.
    Brian

I havent been logging on much anymore but if you guys are planning on heading back, someone call me or shoot me an email. I want to have another go at this place. there were a some hits i left on the table from a few years ago i'd like to try.

Quote Originally Posted by 2knees View Post
    I havent been logging on much anymore but if you guys are planning on heading back, someone call me or shoot me an email. I want to have another go at this place. there were a some hits i left on the table from a few years ago i'd like to try.
    Will do! I want to go back there soon...
    Brian

Thread Information