• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

5k Advise

drjeff

find the one with the nicest toosh and follow...has gotten me thru many a marathon...

Guilty as charged also (except it's been a few 1/2 marathons instead of fulls for me ;) ;) ;) ;) ) I actually almost started to look forward to climbing hills in one of the 1/2's where I implemented this strategy :)

HD333

37:15. Respectable for couch to 5k in a day. Man the first post race beer was good, the second wasn't bad either.

Thanks for all the tips, maybe I will do another one sometime.

drjeff

37:15. Respectable for couch to 5k in a day. Man the first post race beer was good, the second wasn't bad either.

Thanks for all the tips, maybe I will do another one sometime.

Strong work!

I can totally relate to the extreme greatness of the post race beers! The last 1/2 marathon I ran in I averaged just over 8:15/mile for the whole race, and then I think if I still had my timing chip on my shoe and they were timing my progress from the finish line to the Harpoon Beer Garden that I would have had an average time that could have rivaled Usain Bolt in the 100 meters! :lol: