• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Fairly easy hike in white mtns. Nh

kappygirl

Hello! My husband and I are interested in finding a hike of approximately 2 hrs. duration- not overly difficult- in the N.H. White Mountains area. We have done Arethusa Falls, Champney Falls, and Black Cap Mtn. - so in those general areas.
Thanks!

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Hello! My husband and I are interested in finding a hike of approximately 2 hrs. duration- not overly difficult- in the N.H. White Mountains area. We have done Arethusa Falls, Champney Falls, and Black Cap Mtn. - so in those general areas.
Thanks!

Consider Mt. Willard, Sawyer Pond or Lonesome Lake.

threecy

Website
www.franklinsites.com
Just south of the Whites, Mt. Roberts via the Mt. Roberts Trail near Moultonborough.

Iron Mountain (continue past the summit to the southern ledges) near Jackson.

Edd

Kearsarge Mountain, just a couple of miles from downtown North Conway. Alot of bang for the buck and under 2 hours to the top.

cannonist

How long do you mean by short? Welch Dicky is a wonderful loop for the views and waterfalls. Its pretty minimal effort, but there is one steep section. If you want somthing shorter try comb pond or Smarts brook.

John Holme

My wife & I did Welch Dickey this week. It's a real gem. 4.4 mi. took us 3 1/2 hrs. You cross open ledges with spectacular views & there are a few fun rock scrambles. It's off Rt. 49 near Campton, NH.

Vortex

WD is the best fairly short loop in the area. quite a bit for a minimal effort. Done it at least a dozen times. Well at least that is my opinion.:)

Johnskiismore

Website
www.skine.net
A couple of weeks ago we did Sugarloaf North and South in Twin Mountain, awesome hike! 3.5 miles not a lot of vertical but GREAT views! Views of the Presidential Range, Wiley Range, Zealand, easy/moderate hike with awesome rewards!

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
A couple of weeks ago we did Sugarloaf North and South in Twin Mountain, awesome hike! 3.5 miles not a lot of vertical but GREAT views! Views of the Presidential Range, Wiley Range, Zealand, easy/moderate hike with awesome rewards!
+1 !!!

Surprised I had not mentioned the Sugarloaf hiker in my original post in this thread. This is a GREAT hike! Especially when paired with staying at the WMNF campground of the same name. I have done this hike a few times including a sunset hike which was absolutely fabulous.

Johnskiismore

Website
www.skine.net
+1 !!!

Surprised I had not mentioned the Sugarloaf hiker in my original post in this thread. This is a GREAT hike! Especially when paired with staying at the WMNF campground of the same name. I have done this hike a few times including a sunset hike which was absolutely fabulous.

Next summer we're definately staying at that campground to do that hike again, as well as others in the immediate area.