• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lift-serviced mountain biking

Greg

Staff member
What ski areas still ofer lift-serviced mountain biking? I knew it used to be big at Snow, Killington, Attitash and Sunday River. Do they all still do it?

JimG.

Staff member
Hunter, usually starting around July 1 and ending around end September or Columbus Day in October.

bvibert

Staff member
Greg said:
For next summer or this summer? That would be cool. I'd try it.
For next summer it sounds. They wouldn't have the time to get everything setup to have anything decent for this summer. It sounds like they try to do some races or something at the end of this summer though...

Greg

Staff member
bvibert said:
For next summer it sounds. They wouldn't have the time to get everything setup to have anything decent for this summer. It sounds like they try to do some races or something at the end of this summer though...
Is there a lot of riding that happens around/on the mountain now?

bvibert

Staff member
Greg said:
Is there a lot of riding that happens around/on the mountain now?
I have no idea. I'm not really into the MTB scene yet, I just saw that one their forum and thought it was cool.

djspookman

Killington
Bolton Valley
Mount Snow
Bromont (or at least they used to)
Plattekill
Jimney Peak
Highlands (will be opening to public in June)

that's all that I can think about thats somewhat local..

dave

Vortex

Can't remember.. I think its called snow's mountain right across from waterville. My family uses the lift to get up and Ride down and use the mountain trails. I hike and.run to keep up.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Killington and Snow for sure. I've been once a year to Killington the past 6 summers. K actually has hooks on the K1 gondola they hang your bike from. It's the obvious lift to choose, but it is easy to ride down below the level of the lift over on Bear and Skye and have to slog it back up.

But what the hell! That's what biking is all about right? Going under your own power.

People don't realize how tired just DH'ing will make you. There are also a couple unavoidable uphills to access the trails on Snowdon and Ramshead.

PowderDeprived

Does bolton offer lift access for biking? I know there are tons of XC trails, though I have never heard anything about them running lifts durring the summer. If they do, I will certainly be checking it out this summer:cool:

djspookman

PowderDeprived said:
Does bolton offer lift access for biking? I know there are tons of XC trails, though I have never heard anything about them running lifts durring the summer. If they do, I will certainly be checking it out this summer:cool:

yes, Bolton does. I mentioned it in a previous post.

Lift service is only open select weekends thru the summer though, XC is open all summer. They have excellant DH/freeride trails full of stunts and some highspeed runs, and their XC trails are great too! highly reccomended!!!

http://www.boltonvalley.com/summer/mountainbiking.htm that link should help!

dave

skibum1321

djspookman said:
Killington
Bolton Valley
Mount Snow
Bromont (or at least they used to)
Plattekill
Jimney Peak
Highlands (will be opening to public in June)

that's all that I can think about thats somewhat local..

dave
I've heard Highlands is supposed to be pretty sick. It will definitely be worthy of a trip to Tilton, NH this summer.

dmc

JimG. said:
Hunter, usually starting around July 1 and ending around end September or Columbus Day in October.

Next season Hunter's going to ramp it up a bit and become more of a DH park.. Last summer they already started building pieces of the course..

Npage148

West Mountain in Glens Falls NY has had lift service in the past. Im not too sure what they are up to though, i have not been there in about 4 years.