• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Saturday's Patriots game in Foxboro

Joshua B

What I'm hoping is that there aren't any serious injuries, but with the frigid temps, bones are going to be brittle. I can't wait for the game, but I have a feeling watching it won't be the most pleasant experience to watch.

Jaytrek57

It's FOOTBALL...not cricket.

Hey....I don't wish ill will upon anyone....BUT....if Bruschi is able to pop Eddie George just once that shoulder is history and no more running game for the Titans.

Patriots NEED to score first. If they do it's over.

BTW...bet the house, kid's tuition, new hiking gear on the under. At 36 pts. It’s one of the lowest I have seen, but still favorable. Of course…all in fun!!

(Perhaps rethink the new hiking gear. I mean…why chance it.) :wink:

Patriottrek57

Greg

Staff member
Could you imagine watching this game at Gilette Stadium? I was at a game last year and it was in the 30's and when you're just sitting there, that felt cold. Whoa. :blink:

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
I could have had a ticket (not free, it would have cost me) to the game, but given the forecast I turned it down. I heard that they will be allowing sleeping bags into the stadium, but I sure wouldn't bring my Marmot there to get beer spilled on it. That is, if the beer doesn't freeze in the cup first.

I hope they have extra medical personnel on hand - there's bound to be hypothermia. Anybody wanna bet how many shirtless drunks we see?

I'll watch it on TV from a nice warm couch.

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
Before the game, Dunkin Donuts will be handing out free (decaf) hot coffee to fans. Also, the first 10,000 to arrive will get free hand warmers.

If it wasn't so deadly, it'd be funny (like the snow-filled seats last month).
:)

mtnclimber

Im watching the game from work...but a friend of mine raided my gear room to find the warest stuff for layering cause he will be there freezing his butt off....I gave him all the down he could fir in to..... :lol:

Jaytrek57

Hey everyone.

I'll keep you posted on how I'll wager next week (in fun...of course). :lol:

I'm going to bed now...what a great game!!

Bradytrek57

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
To quote the wisdom of SherpaK:

Woo-hoo!!!!

Wow. Really ... wow. Great game! Though at times there was a little too much anxiety. Foxboro sure did look *cold*!
:beer:

Stephen

Website
www.dunhom.com
Did you catch that Carolina St. Louis game! WOW! That had me rivited. I hoped that the Pats wouldn't have another close one... my heart wouldn't take it!

-T

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
Yes, I did! I saw the last two minutes through the end ... That delay-of-game didn't-count field goal then the missed followup. Ouch. And can you believe it was a double overtime? There was some good football today. I'm looking forward to Sunday's games as well.

Max

MichaelJ said:
There was some good football today. I'm looking forward to Sunday's games as well.

WHAT?!? :eek: OK, this is Sargent Rock here! I wanna see you out there, building up those hiking muscles for the next trip.
sport-smiley-009.gif
C'mon, let's go, Tripyramid North Slide, up and down twice, then stop off at Tecumseh on the way home for a short cool down hike!
sport-smiley-003.gif

Report back to me at the end of the day...I'll be sitting in my barca-lounger watching the Colts/Chiefs.
food-smiley-012.gif
And make sure you take pics so I'll know you completed the assignment!

Joshua B

I didn't see much of the post-game show, but Tom Brady's face sure looked ok for someone who was just outside for 3 hours in 5 degree weather. I would think all these guys would have frostbite. Maybe not!

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
Hey Max - I'm still sore from Friday's gym workout, so does that count? How about the 1-1/4 gallons of chowder that are waiting to go to the 'daks? For that matter, how about the 3 nights I'm going to spend in a tent up there this weekend? They's gonna be *cold*!

Indianapolis, eh? Gonna be a good one next week!

Max

Take plenty of butane cannisters for heating that chowder...if you space it out, maybe the 1.25 gallons will keep you warm all weekend! Brrrr....I'll be day hiking in the Whites, at least I can jump into the warm car at the end of the day and crank up the heat!

Hope you guys have a good weekend...wish I could have made it.

SilentCal

I hope it's going to be a cold one again this weekend. The cold and rough playing surface will slow down the Colts recievers and and hopefully we can get stop turnovers to stop their offense. Got to score first and make them chase us on the scoreboard. Why has Mike Cloud not suited up? It might be time to activate him to have an extra back to grind the clock. But what do i know?