• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Anybody been to Nepal?

dmc

Thinking about side trips next February on our Kashmir Adventure... I can get a relatively cheap flight from New Delhi to Katmandu..

Would like to do a couple days in Katmandu.. Quick trek... Tourist stuff...

Any advice?

SkiDork

no advice but I wonder how feasible it would be to get close to Everest, even just hike to base camp? Prolly not do-able in a short period of time. Would be cool though.

dmc

no advice but I wonder how feasible it would be to get close to Everest, even just hike to base camp? Prolly not do-able in a short period of time. Would be cool though.

Takes a week or so to do that.. I'm thinking MAYBE 3 days in Nepal after Kashmir.

I'd love to snowboard there... Looking into that as well..

Warp Daddy

5 docs from our medical center hiked to Everest base camp last November . Altho these guys were in really decent athletic condition the trip was exhausting and of course weather was a factor . My personal primary care doc was one of these guys he's an experienced hardcore XC skier and kayaker and road bike warrior . He often skis BC in various locations like the Chic Chocs --pacing and hydration were key .

His impression was very favorable and despite the exteme conditions they encountered he's reaady to do it again

dmc

His impression was very favorable and despite the exteme conditions they encountered he's reaady to do it again

Thats the beta I get too. This trip will be only a small adventure as the skiing is the main adventure. :)

But when your in that part of the world it's tough to not consider checking stuff out off your route.