• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

iPhone on Verizon

BackLoafRiver

This seems to be the only difference, that and since its CDMA you can't talk and use data at the same time.

The hot spot thing is cool.

Not sure if anyone else read between the lines but "multi-year non exclusive deal" means hello to smaller carriers getting it. (Sprint and US Cellular come to mind) Not sure they will but at least it isn't out of the realm of possibility.

I will wait until July when we see what the IPhone 5 has in store.

BackLoafRiver

I love that feature on my Palm Pre Plus. And I don't pay extra for it either.

That is my biggest issue with my OG Droid. I should just root and be done with it. It seems like such a great feature.

It will be interesting to see how many people jump on board. I am sure the answer to the next questions is "they fixed it" but I am curious how the new antenna design will work and if it will take care of the pesky dropped call issue of the AT&T IPhone 4

WJenness

That is my biggest issue with my OG Droid. I should just root and be done with it. It seems like such a great feature.

It will be interesting to see how many people jump on board. I am sure the answer to the next questions is "they fixed it" but I am curious how the new antenna design will work and if it will take care of the pesky dropped call issue of the AT&T IPhone 4

I rooted my droid X in about five minutes for the wireless tether option.

So glad I did.

It's my principal attachment to the inter webs when I'm on ski trips.

-w

dmc

I put a cover on my IPhone4 immediately to protect it.. So I never had the pesky issue..

Work pays for my IPhone... It also pays for my Sprint 4g wireless hotspot.. Which is nice...

Geoff

That's annoying as could be with my BB now.

+1

An LTE phone will fix that and let you surf or tether on 4G while you're talking on the legacy CDMA network.

I doubt I will ever get an iPhone. Anything I buy will have a real keyboard.

drjeff

I found it interesting yesterday when I was at a Verizon store at a mall just outside Hartford getting my new Droid X. I jokingly asked the sales associate that was helping me "So, how busy are you guys expecting to be in a few weeks?" He just laughed and said that it's going to be a crazy busy 1 to 2 weeks! He also told me that since thew official Verizon/Apple pess release 10 days ago or so, that at the store I was in that their daily sales of phones was off about 60% from usual with people more than likely deffering their purchases a couple of weeks. Made it super convienent for me as I was out the door with my new Droid with all my contacts/etc switched over from my old BB Storm in less than 15 minutes! :)

BackLoafRiver

dmc

I was out with some customers the other day.. One of them had a new Verizon IPhone 4 - we had to jump on the same conference call and had to use headsets cause we were at a bar. So we each used our own phones.

At one point someone on the call sent out a document for us to check out. I got it on my AT&T Iphone... It was an Excel document - fired it up - checked it out on the Iphone Excel reader. Which does kinda sucks because of the size but works in a pinch.

She could not because apparently Verizon doesn't let you talk and connect to the net at the same time... Which if you depend on your device for business while traveling can be important.

I told her to make the calls with Skype then she can still receive emails and stuff.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
She could not because apparently Verizon doesn't let you talk and connect to the net at the same time... Which if you depend on your device for business while traveling can be important.

I told her to make the calls with Skype then she can still receive emails and stuff.

That's stupid. I like Verizon but that really irks me. No hurry here for a Verizon iPhone...

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
No, I'd suggest going with a company that isn't evil. Love my Samsung Focus, it'll be cool to see what Nokia comes out with.

I <3 my Palm Pre Plus. Only problem is that there are so few apps utilizing webOS. What a shame.

But yeah, can't surf the internet and talk on the phone at the same time there either. Then again, I've had the phone for 8 months and only just discovered this. Guess it's not a huge drawback for me.

drjeff

I <3 my Palm Pre Plus. Only problem is that there are so few apps utilizing webOS. What a shame.

But yeah, can't surf the internet and talk on the phone at the same time there either. Then again, I've had the phone for 8 months and only just discovered this. Guess it's not a huge drawback for me.

This has always amazed me why its such an issue for some people, as the vast majority of folks who are talking and surfing simultaneously are more than likely to be talking to the same people that they're also conversing with vis FB or twitter rather than actually getting some REAL info from the web to add to the converstion :rolleyes:

Geoff

This has always amazed me why its such an issue for some people, as the vast majority of folks who are talking and surfing simultaneously are more than likely to be talking to the same people that they're also conversing with vis FB or twitter rather than actually getting some REAL info from the web to add to the converstion :rolleyes:

Actually, it's often a pretty big deal for me and one of the major annoying "features" of Verizon. I'm on lots of 1 hour conference calls and the calls can happen at funky hours like 9:30pm when I'm off doing something else. I get no email for that hour. I can't web surf if I'm bored.