• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

OR: Smoked Brisket

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
So when mrs root got home from work on Friday, she says to me...why don't you smoke up a huge piece of meat in the Orion that we can have for leftovers all weekend? :idea: 5 minutes later, we're in the car headed to BJ's. She was thinking pulled pork, but I had other plans. Brisket. Problem was that I didn't really have the time to soak it in a brine for a day or so.

I made a quick marinade (apple cider vinegar, coke, molasses, Worcester sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, Cayenne pepper, bay leaf) heated it up in the nuker and used my flavor injector to get it into the meat as much as possible. I then poured the rest into a pan and let it sit in the fridge while I got the O set up.

IMG_0422.JPG

IMG_0423.JPG

I then had to cut the brisket in half to fit it on the racks.
IMG_0424.JPG

Covered it with yellow mustard
IMG_0425.JPG

Then gave both pieces a good rubdown with my favorite Jake's Grillin Beef Rub.
IMG_0426.JPG

IMG_0427.JPG

IMG_0428.JPG

IMG_0429.JPG

Loaded the Orion up with mesquite chips, 1 Long Trail Blackbeary Wheat, and 1 bay leaf.

Then around 9:30 at night, I had two fires going :beer:
IMG_0432.JPG

Then I got a little drunk, passed out on the sofa, woke up around 2:30 in the morning. Got the brisket out, wrapped it up and put it in the fridge. Totally forgot to take a few pictures even though the camera was sitting on the counter.

Here's a few of the finished product I took the next day. This came out much better then I expected. Very tangy. Once a little bbq sauce was added it was perfect and so freakin tender. I couldn't have asked for a better turn out.

IMG_0435.JPG

IMG_0436.JPG

IMG_0438.JPG

Glenn

LMAO @ passing out! Great pics Root! Glad it came out well!

deadheadskier

Staff member
left over recommendation

Only smoked one Brisket before in the Orion. I finely chopped up some of the leftovers and made meatloaf out of it. kicked ass