• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Decision

ctenidae

Guess that flame retardant material does work pretty well.

At least, until faced with a bottle of lighter fluid.

WJenness

Lebron James and his self important ego can DIAGF.

I'm sick of hearing about him.

-w

disclaimer: Basketball is my least favorite of the big American spectator sports, and if the NBA folded tomorrow, it wouldn't bother me one bit.

dmc

i was praying for him to go to the Knicks... Damn...

bvibert

Staff member
Anyone want to give me the cliff notes version of Lebron James did, and why it's so horrible? I assume he plays a professional sport?

ctenidae

Anyone want to give me the cliff notes version of Lebron James did, and why it's so horrible? I assume he plays a professional sport?

Not knowing any too much more than you, he plays basketball (centerfield, I think), is really good (most touchdowns in a season or something), got paid a lot of money (more than some countries' GDP), and got to be a free agent, whcih means he's able to go to whoever pays him the most. So, he did, and the people who used to pay him a lot are upset because he went somewhere else to get paid more, but he waited to tell them until the last minute.

As a result, much of the world's economy has come to a screeching halt, more species than ever are facing extinction, healthcare in this country has become too expensive for many people to access it, and it's really hot outside.

At least, that's my understanding of it. I may be wrong about the impact on the temperature.

wa-loaf

Not knowing any too much more than you, he plays basketball (centerfield, I think), is really good (most touchdowns in a season or something), got paid a lot of money (more than some countries' GDP), and got to be a free agent, whcih means he's able to go to whoever pays him the most. So, he did, and the people who used to pay him a lot are upset because he went somewhere else to get paid more, but he waited to tell them until the last minute.

I don't have a problem with most of this. It's the making it a prime-time special event just to announce where you are going part that makes me dislike the guy.

ctenidae

from the OWNER of an NBA team....:lol:

I know, you'd think that at the very least he'd have had someone read it over for grammar and clarity.Why do people enjoy putting things in quotes so much?

And, this sentence: "your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you" actually says that they will eventually betray you. Telling, I think...

bvibert

Staff member

As a result, much of the world's economy has come to a screeching halt, more species than ever are facing extinction, healthcare in this country has become too expensive for many people to access it, and it's really hot outside.

At least, that's my understanding of it. I may be wrong about the impact on the temperature.

Thanks, that helps a little..

So everyone is pissed because a guy left one team to go to another who would pay him more money? I still don't get it I guess??

wa-loaf

Thanks, that helps a little..

So everyone is pissed because a guy left one team to go to another who would pay him more money? I still don't get it I guess??

He's actually taking less money so he has chance of winning a championship.

JimG.

Staff member

-w

disclaimer: Basketball is my least favorite of the big American spectator sports, and if the NBA folded tomorrow, it wouldn't bother me one bit.

I used to love basketball and the NBA.

I still love college ball, but I can't watch the NBA anymore.

This whole thing is/was truly dumb.

JimG.

Staff member
i was praying for him to go to the Knicks... Damn...

Didn't have the balls to come to NY and try to do what he did in Cleveland.

He would have been crucified here if he didn't win the championship in 2 years or less.

Plus James Dolan is an idiot and does not spend his money wisely.

The current Knicks and Rangers are the proof of that

Geoff

Okay, now I'm even more confused.

The biggest stars make more from endorsements than they do from their paycheck. Lebron James taking a pay cut to play for a better team with 3 or 4 championship rings makes way more money than Lebron James getting a bigger paycheck in Cleveland and getting knocked out of the playoffs in the 2nd round.

I can't blame the guy. If you saw how he and his team quit against the Celtics in the 2nd round of the playoffs, it's obvious that he needs to be on a team with a natural leader. The Lakers and Kobe Bryant would have been the best option for him but they didn't have the salary cap space to sign him. Dwayne Wade at Miami has won a championship and is a leader.

What would have made no sense was for him to go to the Knicks. That was a worse situation than he was in in Cleveland. Way more pressure to carry the team in the biggest media market. Barely making the playoffs with an early exit doesn't help sell Nike sneakers in China and it does nothing to boost his ego.

Website
maps.google.com

-w

racist_sheep.jpg

JimG.

Staff member
The biggest stars make more from endorsements than they do from their paycheck. Lebron James taking a pay cut to play for a better team with 3 or 4 championship rings makes way more money than Lebron James getting a bigger paycheck in Cleveland and getting knocked out of the playoffs in the 2nd round.

I can't blame the guy. If you saw how he and his team quit against the Celtics in the 2nd round of the playoffs, it's obvious that he needs to be on a team with a natural leader. The Lakers and Kobe Bryant would have been the best option for him but they didn't have the salary cap space to sign him. Dwayne Wade at Miami has won a championship and is a leader.

What would have made no sense was for him to go to the Knicks. That was a worse situation than he was in in Cleveland. Way more pressure to carry the team in the biggest media market. Barely making the playoffs with an early exit doesn't help sell Nike sneakers in China and it does nothing to boost his ego.

All correct.

I just didn't need a "one hour prime time special" to tell me he was going for billions of dollars in Miami instead of billions of dollars in NY.

Wade gets hurt frequently...LeBron may wind up being the man for long periods anyway.