• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2010-11 Thread

deadheadskier

Staff member
SKI NH
http://skinh.com/lift-ticket-deals/friends-of-nh-skiing.cfm
ALPINE PACKAGES: $499 per package for packages #1-5;
$349 per package for package #6

Each package includes four lift tickets per area listed in the package (total of 12 lift tickets).

Choose one or as many as you wish from the following list:
#1 Wildcat Mountain, Cranmore & Black Mountain
#2 Attitash, Gunstock Mountain Resort & King Pine

#3 Bretton Woods, Waterville Valley & The Balsams Wilderness
#4 Loon Mountain, Cannon Mountain & Dartmouth Skiway
#5 Mount Sunapee, Ragged Mountain & Granite Gorge Ski Area
#6 Pats Peak, Crotched Mountain & McIntyre Ski Area

While this is a good deal, I'mt not sure it's something I'd ever do.

#1 is most appealing, though I'd rather not ski 4 days at Cranmore
#2 I've no interest in skiing King Pine
#3 Balsams is way to far for more than a 1 visit
#4 Never skied Dartmouth, unlikely I'd want to spend 4 days there
#5 No interest in Granite Gorge
#6 No real interest at all.

gmcunni

SKI NH
http://skinh.com/lift-ticket-deals/friends-of-nh-skiing.cfm
ALPINE PACKAGES: $499 per package for packages #1-5;
$349 per package for package #6

Each package includes four lift tickets per area listed in the package (total of 12 lift tickets).

Choose one or as many as you wish from the following list:
#1 Wildcat Mountain, Cranmore & Black Mountain
#2 Attitash, Gunstock Mountain Resort & King Pine

#3 Bretton Woods, Waterville Valley & The Balsams Wilderness
#4 Loon Mountain, Cannon Mountain & Dartmouth Skiway
#5 Mount Sunapee, Ragged Mountain & Granite Gorge Ski Area
#6 Pats Peak, Crotched Mountain & McIntyre Ski Area

gots to do some math and some plannings... going to SNH for a few days after Christmas.. 3 adults + 3 kids, could split days between PP and CM.

gmcunni

did you see where you could create your own package?

http://www.skinh.com/lift-ticket-deals/anywhere-anytime-ski-packages.cfm

4aprice

Dartmouth Skiway is a fun place if it is completely open. I agree 4 days would be alot but you would probably enjoy at least 2 days there. To put it in perspective its alot like Ragged which I know you know well. Didn't read the package details completely but Skiway is a great place to escape to when others are mobbed.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

SKITODIE

Website
www.saranaclakeinn.com
Our Whiteface deal.

I said I would let you all know when we posted our ski deals this year for Ski and Stay Whiteface. I know Billski thought we might put our lodge out of business with these offers, but we are trying. Heres what I got (copied right from my web site):

Book SKI and Stay! 3 Nights/3 Day Ski Whiteface ONLY $189pp,
$189 pp Based on Double Occupancy - Book Two nights and Two days of skiing, get the Third Night and Ski day for free! Total Package Price $189 per person Plus Tax Includes Three Nights Lodging and a Three Day Ski Pass to Whiteface Mountain and a Growler of UBU! Available: In season, Non Holiday. Available: Dec 1, 2010 - Mar 1, 2011 Restrictions: Pricing based on Double Occupancy. Black out dates December 25-Jan 1, Jan 15-17, Feb 1-6, Feb 10-13 Feb 18-26. Tax is additional.

For other specials:
http://saranaclakeinn.com/ski_2_die.html

I think that is a good start, exspecially since we are already getting snow up here!

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I said I would let you all know when we posted our ski deals this year for Ski and Stay Whiteface. I know Billski thought we might put our lodge out of business with these offers, but we are trying. Heres what I got (copied right from my web site):

$189 pp Based on Double Occupancy - Book Two nights and Two days of skiing, get the Third Night and Ski day for free! Total Package Price $189 per person Plus Tax Includes Three Nights Lodging and a Three Day Ski Pass to Whiteface Mountain and a Growler of UBU! Available: In season, Non Holiday. Available: Dec 1, 2010 - Mar 1, 2011 Restrictions: Pricing based on Double Occupancy. Black out dates December 25-Jan 1, Jan 15-17, Feb 1-6, Feb 10-13 Feb 18-26. Tax is additional.

For other specials:

I think that is a good start, exspecially since we are already getting snow up here!

You're killin' me! This is great. I PM'd you.

KingM

Website
www.goldenlionriversideinn.com
Bolton Valley just gave me a bunch of $20 off any day vouchers, including holidays. A one day adult pass with the voucher is only $29/$39/$44 for weekdays/weekends/holidays. That's a pretty kick-ass price.

Also, they gave me a free pass for any Thursday throughout the season which I'm definitely planning to use. :beer:

Smellytele

Bolton Valley just gave me a bunch of $20 off any day vouchers, including holidays. A one day adult pass with the voucher is only $29/$39/$44 for weekdays/weekends/holidays. That's a pretty kick-ass price.

Also, they gave me a free pass for any Thursday throughout the season which I'm definitely planning to use. :beer:

Any reason why they gave them to you? Are you sharing? :)

KingM

Website
www.goldenlionriversideinn.com
Any reason why they gave them to you? Are you sharing? :)

Sorry, I wasn't clear, was I? :p

I own an inn in the Mad River Valley. The vouchers are for packages. Most of our guests ski MRG and SB, but when people are here more than three days I often recommend Bolton as a change. I'll be doing it a lot more this year now that I can just peel off vouchers for a family of five and say, "Here, take a hundred bucks off your skiing today."

WJenness

For other specials:

Nice Deal!

I'm going to have to try and make that work... it'd be a nice mini vacation...

-w

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com

You mean you're giving them to customers, not using them yourself, right? huh? huh? 8)

abc

Inspired by all the deals posted here, I took a look at the Potterbrothers site for the Catskill resorts' Flex ticket list. (it's the area I did about 1/2 of my skiing in the NE)

It just ocurred to me, between Bellearye, Windham and Plattekill (all within driving distance of each other), I can ski all the (non-holiday) Sundays for uncer $30!!!

At that pirce, I almost don't even mind NOT skiing on (more crowded anyway) Saturday! ;) Though if I do want to ski Saturdays, I can still ski Hunter for <$50 with a discount ticket from the Skihau at Brewster.

None of that requires any advance commitment or early purchase. Just get the ticket/voucher in the morning on the way to the mountain.

Outside of the Cats, I did ok last season with liftopia tickets. Am hoping the same hold true this year.

Last edited:

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
It just ocurred to me, between Bellearye, Windham and Plattekill (all within driving distance of each other), I can ski all the (non-holiday) Sundays for uncer $30!!!

There has been back channel discussion about setting up some cross-reference guides to help see the patterns in deals. Organized by day, organized by geography, organized by resort, all contrasted against each other.
We have much of that information in this thread, but by and large it is disorganized. Are there any web tools that would accommodate dozens of entries per day and allow them to be sorted? It would be nice to spread the work around. I'm thinking something more elegant than a spreadsheet, views by calendar month for example. The AZ calendar provides rather limited viewing options, unless I don't know the secret tricks to using it.

b

WJenness

There has been back channel discussion about setting up some cross-reference guides to help see the patterns in deals. Organized by day, organized by geography, organized by resort, all contrasted against each other.
We have much of that information in this thread, but by and large it is disorganized. Are there any web tools that would accommodate dozens of entries per day and allow them to be sorted? It would be nice to spread the work around. I'm thinking something more elegant than a spreadsheet, views by calendar month for example. The AZ calendar provides rather limited viewing options, unless I don't know the secret tricks to using it.

b

How about a google calendar?

-w

Smellytele

Building 19

Simply click this link to be taken to our website and more information:

CLICK HERE!!
http://www.building19.com/events/ski102310/ski102310.htm

Starting Saturday, October 23 in our BURLINGTON store - early 8AM OPENING!
Our best SKI AND SNOWBOARD EQUIPMENT AND CLOTHING event in YEARS!
You'll see theses brands:
· VOLKL
· HEAD
· ATOMIC
· NORDICA
· TECHNICA
· ROSSIGNOL
· GIRO
· and lots more!
Please be early - we're giving out numbers at the door.... and we expect a crowd. If you ski, don't miss this!

email: advertising@building19.com
web: http://www.building19.com

abc

b
I'm having a hard time envisioning what you're talking about...

A calendar of deals? Or a graph of discounts offered by region/resort?