Mad River Glen Re-Opening Tuesday

AlpineZone

Mad River Glen Re-Opening Tuesday

Mad River Glen will re-open tuesday after receiving 6-10" last night. Only the Single Chair will be operating. Sunnyside Double will open Saturday. They say conditions on top should be OK and the bottom is "dust on crust".

2003-2004: 21; 2004-2005: 27; 2005-2006: 31; 2006-2007: 31; 2007-2008: 38; 2008-2009: 43; 2009-2010: 42; 2010-2011: 46; 2011-2012: 33; 2012-2013: 26 2013-14: 18; 2014-15: 17; 2015-16: 7; 2016-17: 14

2017-18 days - 3

Wachusett: 11/12, 11/13, 11/14

I can't believe that they are charging full price right now. It sounds like very marginal skiing and whenever it has been like that this year, they discounted lift tix.
    Fear should be treated like fire - it's a good thing that can keep you warm but it can also burn down the house

Items for Sale
    Has anyone been? How is it?
    Live, Ski, or Die!

i opted to stay home tonight, which means unless they open the weekend following this one which i am doubtful, i probably just burned one of my yet unused mad cards (will be using two up this weekend). the condition report looks just bad enough that it wasn't worth the 1.5 drive to burn a prepaid ticket to ski, ouch.
    -Steve
    TheSnowWay.com "Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

Quote Originally Posted by riverc0il
    i opted to stay home tonight, which means unless they open the weekend following this one which i am doubtful, i probably just burned one of my yet unused mad cards (will be using two up this weekend). the condition report looks just bad enough that it wasn't worth the 1.5 drive to burn a prepaid ticket to ski, ouch.
    Riv: You will be at MRG this weekend? I'll be there on Sunday to use up my MadCard vouchers. Any chance we can meet for a couple of runs? PM me if you're interested.
    Jeff

2013-14:
    Killington 11/23, 11/29
    Okemo 12/13, 1/5
    Haystack (VT) 12/30
    Mount Snow 1/1, 3/2
    Berkshire East 1/12, 2/11
    Whiteface 2/22

jeff, i was there today and will likely be there both saturday and sunday this weekend as i have two mad card vouchers to use myself. i may be doing the backcountry challenge on saturday, i am undecided if i want a full day of skiing or some fun and skinning. probably depends on the crowd, how good the snow is, and how i am feeling on my third day of skiing in a row. i will shot you a PM either tomorrow night or saturday to confirm, i am definitely interested in sharing some turns and am 90% sure i will be there both days this weekend unless i totally kill myself at jay tomorrow or the glen on saturday. lots of great snow today, the weekend looks good.
    -Steve

Nice trip report, Steve. I had heard conditions were still pretty good up top and in the trees. Sounds like you had a great day considering the lousy winter we've had.

I'm heading up to the MRV Sat morning and will not have internet access after that. If I get your PM Friday night, we can work out meeting details. I'll PM you with my local phone number in case we don't connect before Sat morning. I hope to be able to ski a couple of runs with you!
    Jeff

2013-14:
    Killington 11/23, 11/29
    Okemo 12/13, 1/5
    Haystack (VT) 12/30
    Mount Snow 1/1, 3/2
    Berkshire East 1/12, 2/11
    Whiteface 2/22

Great pics and report, Riv....

Quote Originally Posted by riverc0il
    jeff, i was there today and will likely be there both saturday and sunday this weekend as i have two mad card vouchers to use myself. i may be doing the backcountry challenge on saturday, i am undecided if i want a full day of skiing or some fun and skinning. probably depends on the crowd, how good the snow is, and how i am feeling on my third day of skiing in a row. i will shot you a PM either tomorrow night or saturday to confirm, i am definitely interested in sharing some turns and am 90% sure i will be there both days this weekend unless i totally kill myself at jay tomorrow or the glen on saturday. lots of great snow today, the weekend looks good.

....please post a link in the MRG trip report section of SkiMRV.com if you've a mind to. It would be greatly appreciated. Super pics. And I love that huge line at the single !
    I'm just a slow emotion replay
    Of somebody I used to be...

TheThe (Slow Emotion Replay - Dusk, 1993)

sorry smootharc, i have more than enough forums bookmarked so i don't follow skimrv. also, i generally only post trip reports on FTO. i am not much of a fan of making the same post on multiple forums and utilize FTO for trip reports. thanks for your comment about the pics. i love skiing mad river mid-week when the line isn't a factor and you can board at the mid-station.
    -Steve

Thread Information