• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Rumble @ Trumbull w/ the BSS 07-17-2010

WoodCore

Great day on the trails rolling with the Black Sheep Squadron down in Trumbull, CT......

We all met up around 11am in the commuter lot off Daniels Farm Road and slowly assembled. Think we had around 15+ peeps when we finally pedaled out of the lot and onto the trails. For the most part the beginning of the ride was mostly uphill and technical in spots regardless before too long we arrived at the first of the play features and the rest of the ride seemed to flow into a nice balance of climbing, rolling, dropping and pedaling. The rock formations in this river valley are amazing to say the least, plenty of stuff to drop, roll and climb, the lines are just about everywhere you look!

Anyway after 4 happy hours and 9 miles we exited the woods back to the cars and onto the post ride festivities. Although, the trails here are definitely not the XC type riding I'm used too they are a blast and look forward to getting back for another ride soon. Many thanks to Heather and Biker Dave for the great tour and to the rest of the BSS for sharing a great day on the trails....

Here's some pics......

Trumbull0001_1.jpg

Trumbull0002.jpg

Trumbull0003.jpg

Trumbull0001.jpg

Trumbull0004.jpg

....and a little movie I put together.....

Enjoy! :beer:

MR. evil

that place looks pretty cool, I need to check it out.

Its sad that I am starting to recognozes people by their dogs.

wa-loaf

Why did that guy at the end not want to be associated with the BSS?

bvibert

Staff member
Haven't you seen the couple throw-downs recently going on in the AZ biking forums, we take out mountain bike seriously around here!

Fo sho! If you ever ride in CT make sure you were the correct colors and don't make any gestures that could be interpreted as gang signs.