• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

broken pinkie toe

2knees

wtf do you do? not worth going to the doctor, pay a co-pay and have him tell me to stay off it.

anyone got any suggestions? a co-worker told me to tape it to the toe next to it.

o3jeff

I jammed a finger really good last year and did absolutely nothing, now it has a permanent curve to it and I cannot straighten it out. Minimum I would do is splint it straight and duct tape it to the toe next door.

Do we dare ask how this happened?

roark

My only broken bone so far... tape to toe next to it. I also had one of those boots that velcro on - the rigid sole kept it immobilized and made walking tolerable again.

tjf67

wtf do you do? not worth going to the doctor, pay a co-pay and have him tell me to stay off it.

anyone got any suggestions? a co-worker told me to tape it to the toe next to it.

What a wuss. I think you should run to your mommy so she can kiss it and make it all better.

drjeff

cut it off

This should do it!

464060.jpg

;)

Or just some athletic tape and some shoes with a loose fitting toe box area the next couple of weeks

Last edited:

Puck it

Tape it to next toe. The only toe that they will do anyhting for is the big toe, which provides balance.

2knees

What a wuss. I think you should run to your mommy so she can kiss it and make it all better.

holy shit, welcome to middle school.

seriously, are you really a 13 year old girl?

2knees

Got in the shack and was informed my job is to ski the bumps into wilderness. My job sucks. All roped off seeded bumps for the worldcuppers kickers included. I attribute it to good karma

lol, didnt you blow your knee out doing this.....

I attribute that to good karma. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol:

gmcunni

i broke my big toe last summer. taped it to the neighbor and was running (with pain) on it a week later. in retro i probably should have had it looked at. it is now shorter than it was and i still feel pain if it bends too much.

hammer

i broke my big toe last summer. taped it to the neighbor and was running (with pain) on it a week later. in retro i probably should have had it looked at. it is now shorter than it was and i still feel pain if it bends too much.
Broke my right big toe several years ago...just did the tape thing and kept walking on it, didn't think it was worth going to the Dr. for. No pain, balance, or mobility problems but I may have just been lucky.

drjeff

Broke my right big toe several years ago...just did the tape thing and kept walking on it, didn't think it was worth going to the Dr. for. No pain, balance, or mobility problems but I may have just been lucky.

About 10 years ago, I broke the bone behind my big toe (the 1st metatarsal) when I ended up planting my foot really awarkwardly after stepping on a sewer grate while running. At the time I was in my residency at St. Francis Hospital in Hartford. I talked to a couple of orthopedic surgeon friends of mine, who after looking at my foot, and the x-ray we took of it, basically told me the following: If I did nothing, and tried to take it easy on it for a couple of weeks, it would more than likely hurt like hell when I landed on it the wrong way for about a week or so, and then slowly get get better over the next month or so. If I opted for surgery on it to have a couple of screws placed in the bone, it would more than likely hurt like hell when I landed on it for about a week or so, and then slowly get better over the next month or so :rolleyes:

Pretty much as long as a toe isn't broken at some funky angle, chnaces are with out and repetitive heavy landing on it for a couple of weeks, it will heal and things will be fine. The key though is you need to give it a chance to heal