• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Need good source for bindings

tmcc71

Hi, I just recieved my skis for next season. 2010 salomon lords. They are falt and i am looking for an online source for reasonably priced bindings or a shop in the central mass area with good prices. I searched the internet but i couldnt find any scorching deals and i figured someone out there might have a good source for deals.

thanks; Tim

deadheadskier

Staff member
best deals are typically the one off sale sites like: steap and cheap or tramdock.

I've gotten good deals from backcountry.com

Mildcat

I agree with DHS, Keeping an eye on Tramdock is probably your best bet. I bought a pair of PX12's for around $100. Ebay is another good source. What type of binding are you looking for and how high of a din do you need? Higher din typically means higher price. Check out this site too. http://www.spadout.com/c/ski-bindings/

As for shops in central MA, the only ones I've dealt with is Strands. Good people there and they have a very good reputation.

tmcc71

nice info

Thanks guys. i will check out those sites. I need a din of 8 0r 9 if I remember correctly. I am 185 pounds, expert skiier. I know nothing about bindings though. All I know is the shop sets them for me and I forget about them.

bigbog

Marker F12.. It's been out for a while without issues....fwiw. Know it isn't "the deal", but the Duke at a skinnable weight is here. Although it may sound like I'm on their payroll....just enthusiastically optimistic about this one.

Last edited:

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Evogear Outlet is great. They often have good quality $100 bindings. Watch for the width though as skinnies usually end up there more often than not. Some bindings you can buy wider breaks for a little extra. That is what I did with my Px12s through Evo to the tune of $125 or something crazy low for new bindings.

wa-loaf

Oh, and if you want to stop in a brick and mortar, try Strands in Worcester.

roark

also, brakes can often be bent to accommodate wider girth skis (much easier on salomon, not bad on rossi/look, hard on tyrolia, dunno about markers).

eta: nm, 87 underfoot is no longer 'falt' in most people's eyes. Regardless, some bindings may not accommodate that width with stock brakes.

something like this would likely work well, for the price.

Last edited:

snowmonster

^ That would be about 100 bucks with the additional 20% off. Sweet!

Staying away from evogear until the sale is over. There's a pair of skis there that's throwing itself at me and I don't need the temptation.

tmcc71

good job people

i ended getting in on that evo gear sale. I got the salomon z 12 ti for a little over a hundred. Nice deal! They are 90 mm wide on the brakes. I hope i can sqeeze my 87mm waists in there

snowmonster

i ended getting in on that evo gear sale. I got the salomon z 12 ti for a little over a hundred. Nice deal! They are 90 mm wide on the brakes. I hope i can sqeeze my 87mm waists in there

Good on ya! Now, mount 'em up! Don't worry, those brakes will definitely fit.

Darn Evogear! They extended the sale until Wednesday! It's still not safe for me to go to that site.

bigbog

Think the Zs have a great default ramp = great for a wide waist ski and gives one a nice feel for the edges...imo.(Had the 10s).

Last edited: