• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Looking for the "Right" Change

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
what? you actually can have a life in the NEK?? ;) i am so sick of the anti-canadian sentiment! if that is all that woman has to complain about, i think she is doing already and should stuff it. nice find TB, thanks for sharing and thanks for the laugh :lol:

NYDrew

wow, what a looser. only canadien currency that bothers me is quarters. reason being is that i save all my quarters for laundry and the canadians dont work. but I would never be a jerk about it, i would just spend it somewhere.

Npage148

I work kinda and retail and she is the person i hate. I would'nt have applogized to her when she demanded american moneyeither. She is most like a hard customer to deal with, what kind of person boycotts a pizza place for getting the "wrong change" It is not like the next store she goes to spend it at will reject it. Being in Buffalo (Like I'm sure in NEK) you see alot of canadian money and its a way of life. Some stores that get a large canadian population shopping there may run into trouble eventually with the exchange rate with all that money piles up but most people never care about it. Some people need hobbies besides complaining constantly

ctenidae

See? It's stuff like this that's gonna get Canada listed on the Axis of Evil. One of these days we're going to send in the polar bears with frickin' lasers attached to their heads. Then those crazy Canucks will be sorry they ever jammed a soda machine.

thetrailboss

Staff member
ctenidae said:
See? It's stuff like this that's gonna get Canada listed on the Axis of Evil. One of these days we're going to send in the polar bears with frickin' lasers attached to their heads. Then those crazy Canucks will be sorry they ever jammed a soda machine.

Blame Canada...Blame Canada....

...for having some darn good skiing. :wink: :lol:

cantdog

I would like to redirect the mood of this thread to the Garden State Parkway/NJ Turnpike staff. About 10 years ago, I was on my way home and presented my toll card and exact change to the clerk. Unbeknownst to me, one of the coins was a Canadian dine. God forbid!! The guy insisted I replace it with a real dime. I thought it had to be one of the most petty hangups I have observed. Gee whiz, it was only a dime.