• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarbush January 11, 2004

J

jlangdale

D99E0358_001.jpg

Nice morning, mixed sun and clouds. Sun went out around 11 and then the snow and wind came. Although, it was a bit warmer if you can call 10 above warm. The snow was very nice, I went to north with some people to do personal action shots and there was a little less wind with better snow and snow making. They were also still working on the pipe. Things are looking good for a Tuesday morning freshy run with the snow on the way. Looking forward to next weekend too if this cold gives way a tad.

Here are some pictures from earlier in the morning when I took a break and snapped some of some kids on the moguls.

http://www.assemblance.net/gallery/sb01112004

O

oldhippie

timing is everything!

Timing is everything and you timed that one perfectly!

Great catch!!

P

peteko

Sugarbush advice

i'm heading to sugarbush for the first time next weekend- any tips? Lifts to avoid, good cruisers and glades to hit, powder stashes? thanks

peter

J

jlangdale

Make sure to visit Lincoln Peak (south), it is my favorite. Head up to Heavens Gate lift to paradise, also good are organgrinder and exterminator (jester is worth going down once before doing the blacks), Then don't miss Castle Rock lift to middle earth... if you wants stashes. Good known well traveled woods are Eden off Valley house double near Spring Fling. Also might as well try North Lynx off Gatehouse lift, bomb down Waterfall, also try sleeper and deeper sleeper woods.

Then if you are on Sat or Sun, check out Slide brook lift no North to get a great view of the backcountry where they do the guided tours.

If crowded get your runs in early at south and head over to North where the lines are smaller. Gatehouse and Bravo get long, Castlerock line gets long too sometimes when conditions are good.