Your Official 2005-06 Ski Season Breakdown Thread

AlpineZone

View Poll Results: How many days did you ski (or will you ski) this season?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 Days

0 0%
  • 1 - 10 Days

6 7.89%
  • 11 - 20 Days

18 23.68%
  • 21 - 30 Days

20 26.32%
  • 31 - 40 Days

10 13.16%
  • 41 - 50 Days

8 10.53%
  • 51 - 60 Days

5 6.58%
  • 61 - 70 Days

1 1.32%
  • 71 - 80 Days

3 3.95%
  • 81 - 90 Days

1 1.32%
  • 91 - 100 Days

1 1.32%
  • 101+ Days

3 3.95%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Arrow Your Official 2005-06 Ski Season Breakdown Thread

Okay, this may be a bit premature for some of you guys, but we've done this in the past so here goes. Along with the poll above, let's use this thread to discuss our individual ski seasons. How many times did you get out? Was this above or below average? How would you classify your ski season overall? For me I got out 21 times as follows:

Jiminy Peak (3):11/20, 12/18, 2/5
    Ski Sundown (9): 12/3, 12/9, 1/3, 2/12, 2/15, 2/19, 2/24, 3/3, 3/18
    Sunapee (1): 12/15
    Catamount (1): 12/20
    Mohawk (1): 12/23
    Hunter (1): 2/27
    Loon (3): 3/6, 3/7, 3/8
    Sugarbush (2): 3/24-25

Unless something drastic happen, I don't know that I'll get out again. Considering the new baby, I really am satisfied. I was hoping to get in maybe a dozen this season and would have been really psyched at 15 so 21 is a good number (special thanks to my wife ). For all the talk about how crappy 2005-06 was/is, I still got in some quality skiing and made the best of it. I'm happy as long as I'm turning so I can't complain. Some highlights:
    • Skied with several new AZers: highpeaksdrifter, Son of Drifter, BeanoNYC, 2knees, Catul, kingslug, YardSaleDad and Lostone
    • Got to ski with several AZ mods this season: ALLSKIING, Jim G. trailboss, and of course bvibert. Bob R, Chile and MichaelJ - I'll get you guys next season!
    • Three 1' powder days at Sundown; one during the height of the storm
    • New boots
    • New skis
    • Bumps on Nor'easter at Sundown (you guys sick of hearing about them yet? )
    • Skiing with Steve at Loon and making the video (right-click and Save as...)
    • A perfect packed powder day at Jiminy in December
    • Visited a new mountain in Sunapee (thanks for the mini-tour, trailboss!)
    • Rediscovered how fun night skiing can be and how it opens up so many more opportunities to get your skiing fix
    • Hunter gathering
    • Got to hit Castlerock, albeit briefly, yesterday to finish it off!

So 21 days. Not bad and some good times with fellow AZers. I look forward to meeting and skiing with more of you next year. Thanks also to everyone for making this community so special. Here's to next season!
    I ski double black diamonds.

waaaaaay premature i'll check back with you guys in june
    -Steve
    TheSnowWay.com "Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

Quote Originally Posted by riverc0il
    waaaaaay premature i'll check back with you guys in june
    I know. I know.
    I ski double black diamonds.

Greg, no Sugarloaf raggae fest this year? Sounds like you had a good year though. And you know RivercOil is just getting started. He's living right isn't he? (if I could find a jealous smilie it would go here)
    My year was a little below average with only 8 days on the snow. The weather was excellent on every day, with several calm sunny bluebird days. With Mrs. Buckeye getting laid off in Jan., I feel lucky to have gotten out that many times. I also feel like I jinxed the season because it was cold and snowy until my first time out Dec. 23, then the prolooonged warm spell hit lasting into Feb. Here's my list.

Dec. 23-Seven Springs PA
    Feb. 10-Timberline WV
    Feb. 11 Canaan Valley WV
    Mar. 6,7 Cannon NH
    Mar. 8 Burke VT
    Mar. 9 Loon NH
    Mar. 25 Wisp MD
    Ski all you can, when you can, where you can!!

I had only 15 days this year(about average for me) but considering how bad of a snow year it was I had some awsome skiing. Out of the 15 days I had atleast some untracked powder 11 of those days, and 7 of those were true powder days with a ton of untracked, and one of those days was absolutey epic with tons of waist deep and face shots abound.

40 days and still counting. I'm predicting 47 (out of 50 that I hoped for) days total including Bust N Burn, A day a K, Tucks, and May day at SR. I'll post final numbers in May.

December....GREAT! Early season runs down closed ski trails over on spruce. First year tele, so the learning curve was steep. I remember a perfect 20 inches of snow everywhere. Of course, no base, but that's december. A day in the BC on a steep, open pow field really got my tele dialed. Skiied the Brook the day before christmas. Kind of unheard of. It was WAY too early to go in there BTW, I would recomend at least 70 inches at the stake.

February, stuff started to get good again.
    March Maddness. One of our snowiest month really put out this year. Solidified my tele tech, feel pretty confident in all but the steepest, tightest terrain.

This was a big year for me. Last season I blew out a good portion of my ACL on the first real powder day of the season, 2/13/05. Had surgery schedualed for this fall and wasn't thinking I'd get to ski at all, just focusing on the Biking and Boating season. Then low and behold, my ACL was about 50-60 percent intact. Got some leathers, did some customizing to some axiomes, slowly go into it and was Definitly rewarded with enough knee to ski. The rest is a blur of Freezes, thaws, and shredding. All in all, a good season, a little disjointed, but the quality days were there.
    If it ain't Poe, I don't go.

Items for Sale
    Up to 37 and still going. Days planned at:

Cannon/Burke
    Loon
    Bretton Woods
    Sugarbush

Will probably do 40 or a bit more. Not too shabby.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Hit 41 with some skinning at McIntyre this afternoon.

Items for Sale
    There's still snow at McIntyre?
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Thread Information