• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Okemo, Sunday January 11, 2004

nrthest

Okemo, Sunday January 11, 2004.

Packed powder. Some icey spots, moreso later in the day. Overall ~good pp conditions. Cold, but not too cold. A busy Sunday, but not 'too' crowded. Nice day of skiing at Okemo for what it's worth.

This was a bus trip, nice to not have to drive.. and the bus+lift was cheaper than what I payed last time for lift!

Hit the diamonds, including mogul run several times - Sel's choice (which I either missed, or it bumpless, or it was closed last time (12/26/03)).

No picts, but here's an image of Sel's choice on the Okemo site:
selschoice.jpg

I have to laugh a little bit seeing this picture -- it wasn't this nice and powdery. This run was a little icey, as can be common w/moguls from having the snow pushed off by people, but there was some decent ~powder to be had over on the left as you worked your way down the run.

Upper northeast (before the terrain park) also had bumps (smaller than Sel's), but we didn't get to those until later in day, would've been nice to hit those more. Also would've liked to do the Nastar course on Blackout, but didn't quite manage to get that in.. Ah well, ..was an enjoyable day.

~Tricky still to work your way over to JacksonGore, so little/no liftline over there, nice. Quantum leap is ~enjoyable -- w/steepness right under the top of the lift, and a decently long run to the bottom.

-nrthest

O

oldhippie

Thanks!!

Thanks for the report. I need to get up there soon! I am jonesin for a nice day of skiing!

Joshua B

When I went to Okemo for spring skiing last season, I enjoyed the upper section of Quantum Leap too.

Wow, 100 out of 113 trails open. That's real snowmaking system right there I'll tell ya what.