• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

This chick quits with style

Glenn

We're having a conversation dude!

x2. Seriously. It's not like riverc0il has her resume and has to make a hiring decision by 2PM today. Don't take it so personally when someone offers a different take on a situation.

riverc0il brings up some really good points. How would this person operate? Would they constantly be airing their issues to the entire office? Would they be stiring up issues that are minor or aren't there?

This series of pics seems somewhat odd to me. I'm not sure if it's a true story or not. But given the attention it's getting, I'm sure we'll know if it's real or not soon enough.

The guy who quit his job as a flight attendant is a really interesting story. I'd be curious to see where he ends up after the dust settles on that story.

mondeo

Style is all in the eyes of the beholder. Sounds like she had a reasonable grudge (sexual harassment and a hypocritical boss, if her dry erase board is to be believed). But it could have been handled in a more profession way, I bet. Perhaps she could have even gotten her boss canned due to the harassment and time wasting. I wouldn't hire her but I am sure a lot of folks that appreciate that type of style would love to have her on their team. I much prefer people who are direct with their issues. Then again, I don't call people harassing acronyms or hypocritically waste time browsing the internet at work. So maybe I don't give my employees a need to be indirect. Then again, we choose our own way regardless of what the world throws at us. Just my two cents.

She kicks ass... Who cares about doing it in a professional way - if she's willing to just jump without a parachute then god speed. I admire that!

Harassment cases take forever - and get ugly.

She'll be working in a week - and not have to deal with lawyers..
I'm betting you're both right. While I bet 90% of those that hire would avoid her, the 10% that don't will be knocking down her door.

dmc

x2. Seriously. It's not like riverc0il has her resume and has to make a hiring decision by 2PM today. Don't take it so personally when someone offers a different take on a situation.

...ditto...

dmc

I'm betting you're both right. While I bet 90% of those that hire would avoid her, the 10% that don't will be knocking down her door.

I'm just saying that it isn't all about one persons view of professionalism. Sometime it's the intangible that makes someone hire someone..

I've made it pretty far by being creative and I've told more then a few people off that needed to be told off in what some would consider an unprofessional maner..

dmc

btw - anyone know what happened to the unruly passenger that started the whole flight attendent thing?
Can't find anything on that.. Hope he gets a talking to.. :)

legalskier

I'm not sure if it's a true story or not. But given the attention it's getting, I'm sure we'll know if it's real or not soon enough.

Concur. She's definitely gotten herself a lot of attention.

SkiDork

btw - anyone know what happened to the unruly passenger that started the whole flight attendent thing?

from what I've heard it was a woman... Also have heard they've been unable to locate her as of yet...

dmc

from what I've heard it was a woman... Also have heard they've been unable to locate her as of yet...

It's amazing how rude people can be on planes.. Although it's not cool to deploy emergency equipment - I applaud the flight attendent in a strange way..

wa-loaf

it was a chick from what I read.

dmc

Nah just a PIA Beotsch

No doubt... You gotta respect flight attendants.
The ONLY thing I do that bad is I sometimes dont turn off the music when the flight is taking off.. It usually involves a screaming baby...

Glenn

girl.jpg

More details on how the hoax went down: http://techcrunch.com/2010/08/11/elyse-porterfield/