• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

This chick quits with style

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Style is all in the eyes of the beholder. Sounds like she had a reasonable grudge (sexual harassment and a hypocritical boss, if her dry erase board is to be believed). But it could have been handled in a more profession way, I bet. Perhaps she could have even gotten her boss canned due to the harassment and time wasting. I wouldn't hire her but I am sure a lot of folks that appreciate that type of style would love to have her on their team. I much prefer people who are direct with their issues. Then again, I don't call people harassing acronyms or hypocritically waste time browsing the internet at work. So maybe I don't give my employees a need to be indirect. Then again, we choose our own way regardless of what the world throws at us. Just my two cents.

dmc

She kicks ass... Who cares about doing it in a professional way - if she's willing to just jump without a parachute then god speed. I admire that!

Harassment cases take forever - and get ugly.

She'll be working in a week - and not have to deal with lawyers..

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
She'll be working in a week - and not have to deal with lawyers..

dunno about that. If I was hiring, I'd be thinking twice about hiring her, now knowing this. If she was mad, held a grudge or just flipped out, It's not very appealing to know her rants would be broadcast on the WWW, right or wrong.

There appears to be a valid harassment claim, based on her side alone. There's no evidence to know how competent she was, nor what other dialog may have transpired by either her or the boss before this. The jury is out in my book...

wa-loaf

Between her and the Jet Blue guy I think we're going to see more of these as folks get fed up with crappy work environments in this economy.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I'll give Brian the creativity nod.
wa-loaf - "we'll see more of that" - True dat too - I'm seeing a lot of job burnout, way more than I've seen in a looong time. There will be more who just crack and lose it, before this is all over. 4-sure.

But I still wouldn't hire her...

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Screw being professional, that was awesome and very creative!
I was strictly speaking from the "would I hire her" perspective. It was creative though not original. Past behavior is always a great indication of future performance. As a hiring manager, I would look at this and think this candidate does not go through the appropriate channels, is a big of a loose cannon, and will air dirty laundry in very public and dramatic ways...

Just giving the hiring manager's perspective. A lot of the hipper crowd might hire her on the spot for having that type of balls. My view is that is an indication of how she behaves and is not professional. Personally, I value professionalism on my team. I give it and I expect it and if someone has a beef with me as a manager, I hope they would express it differently rather than resorting to this bridge burning dramatic act.

bvibert

Staff member
I was strictly speaking from the "would I hire her" perspective. It was creative though not original. Past behavior is always a great indication of future performance. As a hiring manager, I would look at this and think this candidate does not go through the appropriate channels, is a big of a loose cannon, and will air dirty laundry in very public and dramatic ways...

Just giving the hiring manager's perspective. A lot of the hipper crowd might hire her on the spot for having that type of balls. My view is that is an indication of how she behaves and is not professional. Personally, I value professionalism on my team. I give it and I expect it and if someone has a beef with me as a manager, I hope they would express it differently rather than resorting to this bridge burning dramatic act.

Not disagreeing with you on that perspective. I'm not a boss (unless you count being a supervisor at Sundown during the winter, in which case she seems like a step up from many of the people I'm in charge of there ;)) or a hiring manager though, so it doesn't bother me so much. As a lowly peon at my job I definitely relate to the creative quitting with style!

dmc

dunno about that. If I was hiring, I'd be thinking twice about hiring her, now knowing this. If she was mad, held a grudge or just flipped out, It's not very appealing to know her rants would be broadcast on the WWW, right or wrong.

There appears to be a valid harassment claim, based on her side alone. There's no evidence to know how competent she was, nor what other dialog may have transpired by either her or the boss before this. The jury is out in my book...

So don't hire her..

dmc

As a lowly peon at my job I definitely relate to the creative quitting with style!

And other places that require more creativity then professionalism could certainly use her style.