• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Uploading a movie file

meat

Hey, i'm not very good with computers, I was wondering how I could post a video clip that I think is a jpg. and is down loaded from my camera to my computer. I think its something you all will enjoy. any help would be appreciated.
meat man

bvibert

Staff member
You're going to have to find a host that will let you upload the movie to their server. The gallery software here is not setup to handle movies very well. There are several websites that offer free pic/video hosting. I've never used any of them so I can't give you any recommendations, but I know several people here have used some. Perhaps they'll speak up...

Once you upload the movie all you need to do is post the link in a message so that we can see it.

Greg

Staff member
bvibert said:
The gallery software here is not setup to handle movies very well.
It's not that the gallery software can't handle movies; I've just opted to not allow them. They take up a lot of disk space and more importantly use a lot of bandwidth when many people download them...

bvibert

Staff member
Greg said:
It's not that the gallery software can't handle movies; I've just opted to not allow them. They take up a lot of disk space and more importantly use a lot of bandwidth when many people download them...
I did say that it wasn't setup to handle them, I just didn't specify why... ;)

Thanks for clarifying for me.

meat

bvibert said:
I did say that it wasn't setup to handle them, I just didn't specify why... ;)

Thanks for clarifying for me.

so I can't do it? I'm still unsure, sounds like a lot of work though.

bvibert

Staff member
meat said:
so I can't do it? I'm still unsure, sounds like a lot of work though.
You can definitely share a video with us, you just can't use the forum to hold your file. You need to use a website like that one Austin or salida posted a link for. Its really not hard at all.

I recommend going to putfile.com that Austin linked to. Then register for free and upload your file to their server. Once its uploaded all you need to do it get the URL of your file (ie, http://www.putfile.com/your directory/your movie.mov) and post it here.