• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tuesday Squall

ChileMass

Wow -

The visibility here in Woburn, MA just went to zero with 40mph gusts and crazy swirling snow. What a nasty squall! Gonna be cold this PM and the next few days. Gonna try to talk the family into skiing on Sat, but I doubt they'll go for it......may have to go solo for once......I'm estimating a half inch coating already in just 10 minutes........

Greg

Staff member
Cool. 8) The Intellicast Radar is showing some isolated squally weather. I hope to get out Sunday and maybe Monday...

O

oldhippie

Yep

it hit here at about 2:30 and was over at 2:40

but it is now getting cold and windy.. as predicted, but no snow.

Joshua B

Yes I was just walking outside in Cambridge. My co-worker commented, "Oh it's snowing. I just saw a few flakes." Within a few minutes of him saying that, it was like light hail, blowing right in our faces. I was walking with my gloved hands in front of my face to deflect it, smiling and laughing the whole time. That was cool.

S

surf&ski

squall in newport

First squall line went through newport, RI @ about 3:30 started as rain then went to snow. temp started to drop immediately, should give the ponds a nice resurfacing for hockey.

J

jlangdale

Awesome skiing/boarding today.

Today was my best ski day yet considering the dumps we had before I hit with my board. Fresh powder everywhere. They closed Spring Fling for the ski bum race, I shot the race and ran the rope for the rest of the day. Stein's was also covered in man-made powder. Awesome.

It was cold but not too cold. A few white outs but then there were a few breaks and even a very short break in the clouds where the Sun came out. Things are going to go downhill after today with possibly -35 degree wind chills. Looking forward to seeing things improve this weekend. If the snow doesn't get blown away, conditions should be awesome.

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
I got to watch it it come in. Our office is up on a hill overlooking Rte 128, and I looked out and saw this swirling white wall approaching. It was most impressive - the kind of weather I'm used to seeing up in the Whites. As it got closer it got darker, then suddenly everything went white.

5 minutes later, I could see blue sky above while snow was still whipping by below. Shortly thereafter, the ambulances went by on 128...