• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Question about repairing laminate on skis

iSki

I'm wondering if the top laminate layer on a pair of 2006 Racetigers can be repaired. The bases and edges are in good condition and my son loves the skis. We ski Cannon and will probably be staying in Lincoln. If anyone knows of a shop in the area that does this kind of work please let me know.:spread: Thanks in advance

Puck it

I'm wondering if the top laminate layer on a pair of 2006 Racetigers can be repaired. The bases and edges are in good condition and my son loves the skis. We ski Cannon and will probably be staying in Lincoln. If anyone knows of a shop in the area that does this kind of work please let me know.:spread: Thanks in advance

I have used silicone to glue the top sheet laminate back into place. Is it the comestic topsheet only?

mondeo

I have used silicone to glue the top sheet laminate back into place. Is it the comestic topsheet only?
Loctite Hysol's good stuff, but not really readily available for consumers. I'd go with Gorilla Glue, or another polyurethane adhesive.

Puck it

Loctite Hysol's good stuff, but not really readily available for consumers. I'd go with Gorilla Glue, or another polyurethane adhesive.

Do not use. These expand. They are not flexible at low temps. Silicone will remain flexible down to -40F. It has good adhesion and is water proof.