• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

hi!- im new to this board

MrMagic

hello,
im really excited about this board. im currently a student in Rindge NH but my real home is in CT, besides skiing i also telemark, snow shoe and collect old ski brochures. my favorite places to ski include, Magic Vt, Sugar loaf/usa Me, saddleback Me, and Loon Nh. im sure i know some of you from snow journal, and i look foward to some great topics.

-chris

Greg

Staff member
Hi Chris! Welcome to the boards! :beer:

Where do you go to school?

MrMagic

hey thanks greg- i go to Franklin Pierce collage ( first year) really nice small collage, and it really close to mount manandock !
hey josh, good to hear from you again

Greg

Staff member
MrMagic said:
hey thanks greg- i go to Franklin Pierce collage ( first year) really nice small collage, and it really close to mount manandock !
Cool. Did you get a chance to hike Monadnock yet? Hope to see you posting often!

teachski

Website
teachski.com
Hi Chris L.,
Welcome! Have you been to Crotched yet? That isn't too far from FPC either! I haven't been up that way for a while now, I think it's time for a ride up there!
How do you like this COLD weather we are having? It's too cold if you ask me!
LaurieP.

MrMagic

hey, laurie long time no hear. hows things going at pine ridge? you get that old t-bar up and running, i sure hope to get over there some time this year. are you still collecting old ski postcards?

any ways, i did climb mt mandock a few times, its and easy hike with great views but it sure gets crowded. they say it makes a nice hike in the winter but you have to have crampons.

teachski

Website
teachski.com
Yup! I'm still collecting and putting it on my site. I have a bunch more to upload but just do not have the time right now.

Pine Ridge is up and running,the conditions should be pretty good there this weekend, they have been making snow all week. I drove by and it looks great! They have opted not to open tomorrow because of the temperatures but will be open Saturday, Sunday and Monday from 9:30 to 4:30.

I have a tab to a special section on the area on my site, it has their prices and a trail map.

Good to see you here.
LJP-teachski.com

salida

Website
ecampus.bentley.edu
He MR. M, good to see you, even though I'm farily new as well. I live in concord so if you come this way just drop a note if you wanna ski something like Uncannunoc?spelling? in goffstown

O

oldhippie

Hey!

Hi Chris! I'm a neighbor.. I'm in Ashby, slighlty south on Rt 119.

Course I prolly live in a different but parallel reality than you, being over 50 and all.. you can usually find me hangin' round the pretty counter girls at Foggs when I'm filling the tank on my Valkyrie, or flirting with the waitresses over at Lilly's.

MrMagic

i be sure to keep an eye out for you and your bike next time at at froggs! :D