• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snowy incline: Audi vs Hummer H1

hammer

its obvious to me .. you can plainly see in the video that the hummer has a limited slip front differential and positraction rear suspention which had been removed from a 69 skylark. Also, the tread pattern on the tires indicates an inefficient calibration of the front brake pads and the wheel alignment is most definitely 12 degrees too advanced.

meanwhile the audi shows tell tail signs of after market modification by a trained mechanics, probably Hans and Franz Müller who operate a small shop outside Neckarsulm, Germany.

bigbog

What it is...is a somewhat muddy climb...I really don't see any snow to deal with....and getting down a few inches = you're usually running into ice or slick turf at best = wide mud tires are worse than an aggressive AT car tire. Tire tread design is what matters(nothing new to anyone), that is....if the hills would be identicle to begin with..y/n?
IME...there's nothing a Hummer can/could do that an Xterra, and others, can't do....not counting clearance...and likewise there are well engineered cars that, with the right tires...and clearance not a consideration, can do what an Xterra and other 4x4s can...etc. I mean this climb is not anything tough...to separate drivetrains, gearing, suspension/axles..etc.

$.01

Last edited:

bigbog

There is a reason that the Xterra is not used by the military, and the Hummvee is...
I don't see any terrain shown that demands something as heavy and solid as a Humvee...y/n?
There's no mystery or competition...one can build for anything desired...just think that a Hummer on that modest terrain is a little "overkill"..y/n?, but that all gets into nitpicking....

Last edited: