• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Official 4/4 - 4/5 Storm Discussion Thread

meat

awf170 said:
Probably a little bit above 3,000. Below that pretty much nothing. And I know Jay will be better. But if Wildcat gets a foot and a half of Sierra cement than everything will be skiable anyway.(well actually O.B. wont because the rivers are already running:sad:)

yeah, I shouldn't say no matter what happens cuz if the slight chance Jay gets nothing and the cat gets 2 feet, then I'd rather be at the cat.

I'm hoping for some higher density snow on the on set then, some fluffier stuff as the temps keep dropping. can't get too picky this time of year, I'll take the snow any way I can get it. It will be fun either way, unless it doesn't snow at all

meat

currently raining and 36.9 degrees at my house (1400') at 1:15am). as I remember the wet adiabatic lapse rate is around 3 degrees/1000ft, so that probably means its below 32 on top of Jay, I wonder if its snowing up there? could we have pow tues, weds, and thurs? Maybe!

loafer89

Jay's Website is reporting a change to snow as of 8:30am, Sugarloaf is forecast to get up to 16"8)

dmc

Left Hunter this morning and it was puking.. Already a couple inches on the ground..

meat

woke up to dumping snow at my house, about 1-2" down and 33 degrees. I imagine up on jay its been coming down for a while and their is a lot more snow than here. I'll be heading out soon to check it out for my self, looks like were in for a beaut!

JD

Website
hotmail.com
Dawn patrol tomorrow. Last call for the season I imagine. Snowing hard in with Stowe with a few inches on my deck.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Snowing hard in Central Vermont now (Royalton...near K-Mart and the Bush).

My resorts are a no-go, but at least I still have free-bies to Loon, Bretton Woods, and Sugarbush! :beer: So the season marches on....

Terry

Snowing hard here now.Got about an inch of wet stuff so far. Lots of cars off the roads already. Aparently people forgot how to drive in it!!!

noski

Sugarbush

thetrailboss said:
Snowing hard in Central Vermont now (Royalton...near K-Mart and the Bush).

My resorts are a no-go, but at least I still have free-bies to Loon, Bretton Woods, and Sugarbush! :beer: So the season marches on....
check the MRV cam. Maybe you will make it here this week. The flakes are BIG, numerous, but weighty. www.MadRiverValley.com

loafer89

There is 3-5" of new snow at Sunday River and 3-4" of new snow at Bretton Woods as of noon:beer: . 3-4" of snow at Sugarloaf as of 2:00pm with 4-8" forecast for tonight.

Last edited:

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
jackstraw said:
giddee-up!! tucks is getting some more and she needs it!!!!!!!
i am more concerned about the sherbie and TRT than tucks itself. i would rather have more time to skin up and ski down than have tucks last longer, as much as i love late season turns i enjoy less hiking and more skinning/skiing that much more :)

not much here, changed back over to rain and the snow is already melting away but this one ain't over yet, and it is what falls in the mountains that really counts! will be leaving work early tomorrow with skins in hand and checking out burke if the weather looks good. if this stuff was powder, i'd be dawn patrolling it, but no reason to wake up at 4-5am if it's just wet snow.

eatskisleep

Woooohoooo!!! Wiuldcat is reporting 8-12" and still snowing... 4+ trails to open up/opened up. Sweet. Now if only I could drive up tomorrow...