• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Official 4/4 - 4/5 Storm Discussion Thread

meat

skied a few hours at jay this afternoon. It was 5-6 inches of total cream cheese, glue, whatever you want to call it, I was soaked at the end of the day. real good base snow and still fun to ski in, but not fluffy powder by anymeans, just about as heavy as it gets. hopefully we can get more cold air into this system to get some fluff for tomarrow. the hill was a ghost town today, only 10 cars in the stateside lot, I drove up and wondered if the lifts were even running.

awf170

eatskisleep said:
Woooohoooo!!! Wiuldcat is reporting 8-12" and still snowing... 4+ trails to open up/opened up. Sweet. Now if only I could drive up tomorrow...

come on. Go tomorrow, do you really need to go to school?

Zand

Snowing heavily currently in central MA. Already starting to accumulate with more coming tonight.

eatskisleep

awf170 said:
come on. Go tomorrow, do you really need to go to school?
Haha nope not worth it compared to the powder dump...
I'll try to do some talking tonight.
Right now looks like 25% chance...

Zand

About 1/2" so far here and still snowing. Forecasted to snow through noon tomorrow. Where was this in March?

loafer89

There is 5" at the base of Sugarloaf and 8" at the summit as of 4pm. Heard it is snowing so hard you cannot see your hand in front of your face:-o .

skibum1321

I can't go this weekend and honestly I'm glad that this is really heavy snow. It will add a little to the base on the trails and hopefully extend the season a bit. If this were pow it would just blow into the woods and would do us no good when it warms up again in a few days.

loafer89

I have been hearing on the Sugarloaf Chat that the snow up there is powdery light on most of the mountain except for at the base. NOAA is still predicitng another 8-12" for Sugarloaf through Wednesday:blink: :grin:

dmc

We got a couple more inches last night here in the Catskills..

loafer89

14" so far at Sugarloaf, with a forecast for 2-4" more today and tonight. Regaee Festival should be great.

Greg

Staff member
loafer89 said:
14" so far at Sugarloaf, with a forecast for 2-4" more today and tonight. Regaee Festival should be great.
Nice! Last year's Reggae Fest conditions were awesome and I was thinking this year couldn't beat it; hopefully for those of you going, I was wrong. Should be awesome. Have fun!
:beer:

loafer89

Hopefully the new snow holds for Easter, I am planning on going up next thursday 4/13 for three days of skiing. The extended forecast looks fairly cool and dry:-D

Wildcat is reporting 11-16" of new snow, so it looks like Northern New Hampshire and Western Maine did well with this storm.

The snowstorm is your fault Greg, mother nature did not like the spring/summer colors on the message board, keep up the good work:-D

Last edited:

Greg

Staff member
loafer89 said:
The snowstorm is your fault Greg, mother nature did not like the spring/summer colors on the message board, keep up the good work:-D
Actually, blame/thank hammer. He prompted me... ;)

loafer89

Sugarloaf looks fantastic today:

11442535364-5-06norton1.jpg

loafer89

It is snowing here in Deer Park:-o , and I heard that NYC officially made it to the 40" total for the 2005-2006 season with the snow today making for the 4th year of 40" +.